Why become a member? ×

Bargain bass VI price on musik productiv

Wooks79

Not very impressed with the shipping times...

I ordered one pretty much as soon as the OP went up, and got a confirmation first thing the following morning (Tuesday) with a message saying that it would be delivered in the next 2-3 days. Well today's Parcel Force delivery has been and gone with nothing for me, and the tracking information has the bass still stuck in Köln...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1463139837' post='3048920']

I ordered one pretty much as soon as the OP went up, and got a confirmation first thing the following morning (Tuesday) with a message saying that it would be delivered in the next 2-3 days. Well today's Parcel Force delivery has been and gone with nothing for me, and the tracking information has the bass still stuck in Köln...
[/quote]

Pretty much the same here, except the DHL tracking ref I have doesn't work for me :/

Luckily I'm in no rush.

Only thing I'm wondering, since they put the price back up, is anything gonna get sent out even though the email already says it has? I'll wait and see...

Edited by Wooks79

[/quote]

Which colour?

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1463140052' post='3048924']
Pretty much the same here, except the DHL tracking ref I have doesn't work for me :/

Luckily I'm in no rush.

Only thing I'm wondering, since they put the price back up, is anything gonna get sent out even though the email already says it has? I'll wait and see...
[/quote]

Well according to the tracking information that I have the bass has left MP and travelled to Köln from where it is supposed to be exported to the UK. So hopefully it is actually on its way.

I don't really mind the wait, but if they say 2-3 days, then I expect it to arrive in 2-3 days. And although I normally work from home, it looks as though I'm going to be out for much of next week, so it would have been good if the bass could have been delivered today when I am definitely in. I might not be in a position to have it redelivered until the following week.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1463141455' post='3048948']
I planned white until I was in GAK and bought black. Good luck with setting it up.
[/quote]

Thanks! I'll probably start with a new set of strings - what are the recommended round-wounds? I'll add the other stuff as and when I decide they are necessary.

La Bella allow you to customize roundwound gauges ... [url="http://www.labella.com/strings/category/bass-vi/"]http://www.labella.c...tegory/bass-vi/[/url]

Or Kalium ... [url="http://store.kaliumstrings.com/index.php/electric-bass-guitar/bass-vi-string-sets.html"]http://store.kaliums...tring-sets.html[/url]

Edited by EssentialTension

[/quote]

To be fair, you ordered after working hours on the 9th in that case, so would have been looked at for the first time on Tuesday. It in Germany, I know they said 2-3 days but I wouldn't get too upset about it not being here by the end of the week, I wouldn't necessarily have expected it to be. Reckon you'll have it Monday, and under a week's turnaround for an international delivery is decent in my book :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1463146105' post='3049021']

To be fair, you ordered after working hours on the 9th in that case, so would have been looked at for the first time on Tuesday. It in Germany, I know they said 2-3 days but I wouldn't get too upset about it not being here by the end of the week, I wouldn't necessarily have expected it to be. Reckon you'll have it Monday, and under a week's turnaround for an international delivery is decent in my book :)
[/quote]

I expect it will end up being like ordering from Thomann. No matter when you place your order the item(s) will arrive on Wednesday of the following week. Hopefully I'll actually be working from home that day.

Edited by BigRedX

I phoned to check why my tracking wasn't working...

"Dear Customer,
thank you for your e-mail and your patient, the shipment was delayed at DHL and they can't explain why.
Please excuse the delay."

Haha, lucky I'm not in a rush and am patient, just happy to know one is on the way :)

• 3 weeks later...