Why become a member? ×

Software for writing chord charts

Snakey Lane

I know sibelius can do it, but it's an expensive solution. I think Guitar pro can print out like that (still not cheap). finale has a free version which may be able to sort you out, but I recon the easiest would be to do it in word. there's a couple of free fonts [url="http://zoundz.pardyline.com.au/fontindex.html"]here[/url] you could check out. Swingdings seems to be just what you want. After a quick glance at the instuctions pdf on that page I'd suggest that you open character map (it's somewhere in the start menu) to select & copy chord symbols then paste into word.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try those fonts.

[quote name='SteveO' post='293803' date='Sep 28 2008, 11:47 AM']I know sibelius can do it, but it's an expensive solution. I think Guitar pro can print out like that (still not cheap). finale has a free version which may be able to sort you out, but I recon the easiest would be to do it in word. there's a couple of free fonts [url="http://zoundz.pardyline.com.au/fontindex.html"]here[/url] you could check out. Swingdings seems to be just what you want. After a quick glance at the instuctions pdf on that page I'd suggest that you open character map (it's somewhere in the start menu) to select & copy chord symbols then paste into word.[/quote]