Why become a member? ×

London Trip

Joebethell

So I'm off to the BIG smoke this Friday on a rare day off from the daily grind of work.

I have planned it well with some birthday money still burning a hole in my pocket I plan on visiting a few of the bass shops to see if anything jumps out!
So my question is this who should I visit apart from Mr Baxter as I have booked an appointment with him as I have always wanted to go to his shop.

[quote name='Joebethell' timestamp='1462386493' post='3042643']
So I'm off to the BIG smoke this Friday on a rare day off from the daily grind of work. I have planned it well with some birthday money still burning a hole in my pocket I plan on visiting a few of the bass shops to see if anything jumps out! So my question is this who should I visit apart from Mr Baxter as I have booked an appointment with him as I have always wanted to go to his shop.
[/quote]

If you have an appointment with Mr Baxter you won't be able to afford to go anywhere else. ;)

Wunjo's is almost all that's worth going to Tin Pan Alley for these days. The street is a pale and sickly shadow of its former self. I remember a time when you could kill a whole day there.

I wish I had the kind of birthday money that warranted a visit to Mr Baxters!

Wunjo's are good people to deal with & get some nice used stuff coming through (though this obv can be hit & miss depending on when you go) but it's generally quite limited in terms of stock variety (it's a tiny store).

That vintage shop over the road sometimes have some interesting basses come through too.

It's a shame it's just not commercially viable for one of the really big store to open in central - having been shopping in the 'states, it's incredible the amount of stock those big guitar centers hold in the middle of town!

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1462445512' post='3043033']
Wunjo's is almost all that's worth going to Tin Pan Alley for these days. The street is a pale and sickly shadow of its former self. I remember a time when you could kill a whole day there.
[/quote]
Ah, the good old days. Macari's, Fender Soundhouse, ...bumped into Townsend, Boz Burrell (Bad Co), so many faces.

Edited by LITTLEWING

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1462526036' post='3043718']
Shhhhhhh...he's here, he's here !

Everybody hide, shhhhh, listen...everybody hide...and then we'll all jump out and shout 'Boo !'

It'll be ace :). 😃
[/quote]

So visited Mr Baxter he is very accommodating but the basses I went to view were not right for me so I popped over to the Gallery as suggested and have come back poorer!

Will post a NBD soon but first Celebratory Beers and then a train to be real world are the order of the day!