Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced One10 *REVIEW*

discreet

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1463486662' post='3051701']
OK so I can add the puma 900 to the list of amps that will fit on top on my pair when they arrive if I can't bring myself to live with the Glockenklang overhang... :blink:
[/quote]
Turning the cabs on their side not an option?

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1463488947' post='3051729']
Turning the cabs on their side not an option?
[/quote]

Yes I think that'll be the outcome... I would like to have them upright if I can though, get them up a bit closer to my ear... not that there is a lot in it.

It'll be fine, I'm just being OCD about it...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1463489146' post='3051733']
Is not the definitive solution to this overhang complex thing to use a combo..? :unsure:
[/quote]

It's not an issue with a G-K MB200. :D

Edited by discreet

Can I ask, would the handle fit on the top side (not the side side) of the One10 cab? I have a plan of using a 16" x 12" drum case as a cover/carry bag for one of these cabs. Cheaper than the £50 BF want and probably more padded as well as easier to carry etc. It would be easier to remove the cab from the drum case if the handle was on the top. Although got to make sure the amp will clear the handle too. Cheers.

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1463499825' post='3051847']
Can I ask, would the handle fit on the top side (not the side side) of the One10 cab?
[/quote]

The handle overall is 11.5" and the width of the cab (when vertical) is also 11.5". So I think it [i]may [/i]fit, but it's a bit tight. As for the amp clearing the handle... you could always ask Alex to fit the handle on the bottom of the cab (with the feet) and pack it upside down. You could probably ask him to fit a smaller handle, too... I'm sure it's all possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I used my One Ten under a Puma 500 with my double bass at an Oxford college garden party yesterday. Normally I'd take at least a twelve but this just killed it with plenty to spare. I'm going to use this for most of the gigs in future. A sale is on the horizon.

Apropos nothing to do with double basses, I met Sir Roger Bannister, a hero of mine, at the gig. We had a nice chat and he showed a lot of interest in the band, whether we were a regular outfit and he seemed quite surprised that we were all freelances - a pick up band.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1464527434' post='3060075']
I used my One Ten under a Puma 500 with my double bass at an Oxford college garden party yesterday. Normally I'd take at least a twelve but this just killed it with plenty to spare. I'm going to use this for most of the gigs in future.[/quote]

I keep thinking I'll buy a second One10 (just to be on the safe side) but it's looking very much like I won't need it.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1464527434' post='3060075']I met Sir Roger Bannister, a hero of mine, at the gig.
[/quote]

What, he of the first four-minute mile??

Edited by discreet

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1463499825' post='3051847']
Can I ask, would the handle fit on the top side (not the side side) of the One10 cab? I have a plan of using a 16" x 12" drum case as a cover/carry bag for one of these cabs. Cheaper than the £50 BF want and probably more padded as well as easier to carry etc. It would be easier to remove the cab from the drum case if the handle was on the top. Although got to make sure the amp will clear the handle too. Cheers.
[/quote]

You mean like this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cajon+drum+case&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acajon+drum+case

It would fit, but I think you'd want one where the strap webbing goes down the sides and under the bottom. A One10 is light, but not a light as a cajon.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1464529689' post='3060095']
It would fit, but I think you'd want one where the strap webbing goes down the sides and under the bottom.
[/quote]

+1. I've got this one - a perfect fit. I've got about an inch of foam in the bottom. Carries a One10, a MiniMax (in its own padded bag), a compressor pedal, leads and cables.

[url="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-INC40-BK-Padded-Cajon-Bag/dp/B00IK9Z1TS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464532740&sr=8-1&keywords=tiger+padded+cajon+bag"]https://www.amazon.c...added+cajon+bag[/url]

Edited by discreet

Yeah, I was thinking that. Or, hows about one of these? :) [url="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mystery-Machine-Wheeled-Trolley-Wheelie/dp/B000U5K87K/ref=lp_1769587031_1_56?s=luggage&ie=UTF8&qid=1464534454&sr=1-56"]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mystery-Machine-Wheeled-Trolley-Wheelie/dp/B000U5K87K/ref=lp_1769587031_1_56?s=luggage&ie=UTF8&qid=1464534454&sr=1-56[/url] Half the price of the BF cover and even comes with wheels.

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1464967547' post='3064255']
Is the MB200 almost twice as long (front to back) as the MiniMax? With all these tiny heads & cabs it's hard to judge the perspective nowadays!
[/quote]

No, it's slightly smaller. The back of the MB200 is flush with the back of the One10 in the first pic, and the MiniMax has its front feet hung over the front of the One10 in the second pic. I will include a 10p piece in future pics - for scale. ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464967743' post='3064257']
No, it's slightly smaller. The back of the MB200 is flush with the back of the One10 in the first pic, and the MiniMax has its front feet hung over the front of the One10 in the second pic. I will include a 10p piece in future pics - for scale. ;)
[/quote]

I see, thank you. I think I may have one of those MiniMax's in my future!

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1464968389' post='3064270']
I see, thank you. I think I may have one of those MiniMax's in my future!
[/quote]

I've gigged mine and it's a good amp. A typical Peavey workhorse (if it turns out to be reliable), in that it's fairly unremarkable but has some useful features and gets the job done. And of course it's very competitively priced in the 500W/4ohms Class-D category. :)

Edited by discreet