Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced One10 *REVIEW*

discreet

[quote name='Westenra' timestamp='1469034895' post='3095279']
Was more in the market for a second hand one, so that was up to the original buyer.
[/quote]

Well it appears to be stuck on, at least on the cloth grille version, so presumably can be unstuck. Whether it can be done cleanly, I dont know.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1462364403' post='3042377']
The stand is a Stagg 14707
[/quote]

@discreet - thanks for the tip-off re the Stagg 14707 stand. It seems to be an exact match for a One10.

I wasn't completely comfortable just hooking the head's feet over the front of the cab. I'm often on a cramped stage and I felt a brush or knock from a clumsy band member (or indeed myself) might knock the head off.

This was my solution:

Although it's a shame the Barefaced logo is now covered.

Anyone do anything similar?

BTW I used strips of 3M Dual Lock (like super velcro) but I probably only needed about half of what I used. That stuff is strong!

@naxos10 - yes, I initially thought about putting the Dual Lock just on the feet - but I wasn't sure if the bottom of the feet had enough surface area for the glue to attach to, and if (like @Kirky says) I'd just end up ripping the piece of Dual Lock off.

It is really strong! Just with one strip (as pictured below), if I lift the head up vertically then it stays completely attached and picks the cab up off the floor. But if I lift the head from the back and sort of rotate it up and forwards at the same time (if that makes sense?) then it comes off pretty easily. I suppose time will tell if the glue eventually fails...

Reading back through this - Yes , A cajon bag does the job perfectly. Mines a World Rhythm Percussion job. 10mm padding. Straps go right round it. One10 goes in handle side down (so the side feet don't indent the padding over time) - Peavey MiniMax (in it's own bag) fits against the top end of the cab so the bottom set of cab feet don't butt up against it. Canvas bag ( the post office get their coins delivered in them - ask for one ) full of leads on top of the MiniMax. 22 brick and change on Amazon but if you apply for their credit card then chuck it away you can get a tenner off.

Whole package weighs about 23 lbs - or 10 and a bit eurokilothingys if you voted Lib Dem. That's if my ancient bathroom scales and my specsaver bi-focals are accurate. A stone and change lighter than my 'ultra lightweight' GK MB210 combo , which will be coming to a for sale forum near you soon.

One came up on That Ebay a few days ago at a very reasonable price, collection only from That London. So I bought it and arranged to pick it up the same evening. Went down on the bike - it didn't quite fit in the topbox, but it only meant the lid didn't quite close, so a couple of bungees to hold it closed and off I went back to Tamworth.

Most impressed by the cab. I did a side-by-side test with a Berg AE112 and it has plenty of volume and (as you'd expect with no tweeter) rather less crispness, which is fine for the purpose for which I bought it (quiet band consisting of keyboards, guitar, vocals, and bass). Should be able to overwhelm them, in fact. A pair of them would certainly be usable with the other bands, but tonally I'd rather have the Bergs or an equivalent for those bands, just for that extra bit of tweetery bite.

[quote name='KK Jale' timestamp='1508170868' post='3390232']
I really really wish I hadn't looked that up and seen how much you snagged it for.
[/quote]

Gulp!!! I am currently awaiting delivery of a new one any day now.

[quote name='fftc' timestamp='1508235067' post='3390658']
You got a real bargain there. Congrats. B)
[/quote]

He sure did. I regularly scan eBay and Gumtree and other places but never find the bargains, or at least never in time to snag them. Just like those dealers and presenters on antiques TV never seem to be able to find a Ming vase in a charity shop for 50p. Bah!

Edited by discreet

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

This and other reviews encouraged me to look out for a one 10 and I bought one from this parish earlier in the year. I can't add anything more than has been said other than to concur and say I am delighted. In my 70th year I can sling my amp and cab over my shoulder in a Tiger cajon bag, 20lbs total.

I chose the TCE BH250 as I already had the BG250-208 as my lightweight solution and wanted the tuner and spectracomp in one easy package. It also allows me to use the one 10 as an ext cab should I feel the need to use the full 250 watts.

100_0329.JPG

• Like 2