Why become a member? ×

Talented git

Roland Rock

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1462263306' post='3041465']
Ah, but can he play Mustang Sally? I think that may be too difficult for him.
[/quote]

Seriously ?

Begs the question why he would want to.

I liked that a lot!
Sure, he's a youngster and sure it shows.
But just keep in mind that highly talented people like him mature in different processes than other people.
He's obviously not the person who'd churn out a suffering 12-bar blues at age 14, but he sure as Hull would have been a lot better at it than most of you negative guys, had he only put his mind to it and spent some time on developing his suffering 12-bar blues skills.

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1462293364' post='3041861']

Seriously ?

Begs the question why he would want to.
[/quote]
A minor facetiousism I think. More earnestly though I must speak up for poor old Sally. It is indeed a fine song. The fact that it has been raped and bastardised by every dog and his trom-bone is not the fault of the song itself and I urge you to relisten or if you haven't heard it before then listen for the first time to the Wilson Pickett version. It is utterly sublime, a performance and arrangement that is second to very few. Give it a listen. It's on YouTube. If you don't like it I'll give you your money back.

Guest McBass

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1462188635' post='3040872']
It reminds me of the multitracked jingles Kenny Everett used to make many years ago.
[/quote]

Hahaha brilliant. :P

Better with a bit of Mono Neon.
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe9prlRSfxw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe9prlRSfxw[/url]

Edited by McBass

I find some of the comments so laughable. The guy is 21, and while we're on here asking about string recommendations for a P bass, he's already out there doing stuff most guys can only dream about doing.

These are his showreels, where he's demonstrating his abilities.

Watch some of his other videos, where he's playing for real, in real studios, and in real venues that aren't the local pub.

Edited by ambient