Why become a member? ×

April Noodle Bar - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1462710027' post='3045036']
A quick tango with Mrs C, for instance..? :D
[/quote]
Interesting you should mention the Tango.
Myself and Mrs A have been taking weekly instruction in such terpsichoral matters and now find ourselves tearing up the floor with our “Improvers” Tango.
The Tango should be danced with all heel leads (never on your toes), soft (bent) knees with staccato movements and a miserable face.
Me and the Tango couldn’t be more suited!!

[quote name='Agwin' timestamp='1462716690' post='3045113']
Interesting you should mention the Tango.
Myself and Mrs A have been taking weekly instruction in such terpsichoral matters and now find ourselves tearing up the floor with our “Improvers” Tango.
The Tango should be danced with all heel leads (never on your toes), soft (bent) knees with staccato movements and a miserable face.
Me and the Tango couldn’t be more suited!!
[/quote]

Darn it..! I have it all but the miserable face..! Bugger..! :(

Well done subsonic simpleton. I believe that is twice you've won now. I think at the end of the year we should have a king of the noodle.

And a wooden spoon beating for poor old me lol. I'm working on my noodle I don't think it will be impressive, maybe something punk inspired.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1462706730' post='3044998']
Also, due to the decidedly underwhelming level of interest, next month I might try and bribe BCers to vote with some sort of bass related prize... Kinda like a raffle...

We need more voters!
[/quote]

Indeed more voters and participants. Surely isn't hard to bang out a little noodle I'm doing it just for fun, quickly, without hardly any equipment or thought. Which is probably the reason for my results haha. But it really is just a bit of fun I love listening to others noodles. I do admit some are a little serious for my tastes, but all are very good it is genuinely hard to vote for just three, which is part of the fun.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1462721869' post='3045174']... I'm working on my noodle...
[/quote]

No, no, noodles aren't to be 'worked on', they should just present themselves, 'warts'n'all'. Practise, certainly; woodshed if you must, but leave a space for just capturing the moment. Plug in, press 'Record' and play..!
Besides, I need to have some chance, and if you're going to pull out studied masterpieces, my unpolished offerings will never get a chance to glitter..! :P

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1462722341' post='3045183']

No, no, noodles aren't to be 'worked on', they should just present themselves, 'warts'n'all'. Practise, certainly; woodshed if you must, but leave a space for just capturing the moment. Plug in, press 'Record' and play..!
Besides, I need to have some chance, and if you're going to pull out studied masterpieces, my unpolished offerings will never get a chance to glitter..! :P
[/quote]

By working on a noodle I meant looking on basschat haha :D

Well apologies for the lateness of my acceptance speech, but thanks very much for the positive comments and taking the time to listen and vote.

I'm a bit puzzled why the noodle challenge isn't more popular, the very loose rule of 1 minute of bass really means you can set your own challenge within a challenge(if you want to) or just have a bit of fun, and it's interesting to hear how everyone approaches this differently.