Why become a member? ×

Vulfpeck, and Joe Dart

Funky Dunky

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 03:35, acidbass said:

Saw Joe in Dublin and there's also a 1h40m long video of their recent show in Brussels. Almost certain he is now using flats on the Jazz, based on his tone. Anyone else agree?

I thought that as well listening to the more recent stuff.. mind you he could make rubber bands sound great :)

On 10/10/2017 at 01:35, acidbass said:

Saw Joe in Dublin and there's also a 1h40m long video of their recent show in Brussels. Almost certain he is now using flats on the Jazz, based on his tone. Anyone else agree?

He always says that he uses old Rotosound Swing Bass on his Fender Jazz.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 19:59, Opticaleye said:

He always says that he uses old Rotosound Swing Bass on his Fender Jazz.

Yep, from the interviews he says it’s an old set and he probably has the tone rolled off a fair bit. It was This that led me to try rotosounds for the first time (I’ve been playing 23 years) and they are amazing! Turns out Jack used them too. I’ve never really been into roundwounds as I usually find them too bright and clanky. Even though these are very bright they sound so damn strong. Mine are starting to darken now after a month’s playing in and they sound fantastic on my Jazz.