Why become a member? ×

Herts Bass Bash 2016 - Preamp/DI Pedal Shootout

Lozz196

That Sadowsky had a lovely warmth to it, beautiful lows! I thought the Darkglass could have been louder. ;)

Quietly chuffed that the Zoom didn't embarrass itself in that company. Having suggested it's inclusion, out of interest more than anything, I had visions of it being nowhere near when a/bd with the real thing, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think when you own a multi, there's always that little niggle in the back of your mind that when you get chance, you need to upgrade to individual, dedicated units. Today I found that this is not necessarily the case.

Thanks for your time and effort putting that on for us, and of course your most able wingman. It was a smart idea.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1465149453' post='3065624']
and the Zoom B3 especially surprising me as the simulated sounds of both the Sansamp and the MXR were so near to the originals. I`m sure with a bit of tweaking they could be made identical.
[/quote]

It was very similar wasn't it... I also though the Behringer did a fair job of emulating the Sansamp. It was very interesting to hear the direct comparison with the same bass / amp / player.

Admittedly Zoom / Behringer haven't had to plow money into R&D in order to develop the products and have essentially just copied the tone, but still... for a 10th of the price they both made a very good effort at replicating the originals I though.

Edited by CamdenRob