Why become a member? ×

Sire v7 Marcus Miller 5 string Jazz SOLD
£360

Sire v7 5 string, in a gorgeous sunburst. This is the ash and maple version, and really is a lovely looking bass.

I'm sure you'll know what a good reputation these have; it really is the best Jazz I've ever had, and one of the cheapest! Absolutely brilliant 18v preamp (and I'm not usually a fan of actives), which can be combined with the passive tone. A note on this - I've replaced the tone cap with a standard .047uF rather than the .022uF which came as stock. This gives the tone knob a lot more range.

Although this isn't the lightest bass I've had, it doesn't come close to my old 70's Fender P (which was a plain silly 14lbs). This is just over 10.5lbs according to my bathroom scales. However, I will include a Neotech Comfort Strap with the sale (these are £38 delivered at Bass Direct). The strap really makes it seem half the weight as it distributes it so well on the shoulder.

The bass is in fantastic condition, and comes with a gigbag.

So why am I selling? As much as I'd like to keep this, my band has folded and I really don't have any need of a 5 string - I'm mainly playing guitar at home these days, so have my Yamaha for the odd bass jam. Plus I could do with the money! :)

Speaking of which, I'm looking for[b] £360 ono[/b] collected from Nottingham. I may well be able to meet up half way, and I also travel a lot with work, so please PM me. However at the moment I have no box for a courier - if I manage to acquire one, I will update the listing.

[attachment=218092:bass4.png]
[attachment=218091:bass3.png]
[attachment=218089:bass1.png]
[attachment=218090:bass2.png]

Edited by guybrush threepwood