Why become a member? ×

Talk Bass Eh?

Billy Apple

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1461589371' post='3035870']
Sounds like Spector is the TB equivalent of Barefaced on here!!

[/quote]

Barefaced seem to go down well on TB. I've not read anything about the handles.
No, Spector have a pretty good rep, especially in the customer service line. What happened was this chap's bridge flew off one day. He contacted Spector who sent him new screws, but they were too small (so maybe non-original screws in the first place?). So he replaces the bridge with screws from Home Depot (Yankee B&Q). Low and behold the bridge pings off again!

Enjoy! https://www.talkbass.com/threads/i-cant-believe-this-happend-again.1179251/

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1461619522' post='3036261']
I think I said 'bloody' once in a thread - I got a formal warning from a moderator.

:mellow:
[/quote]
I'm a member of Archers Appreciation FB group re the radio series. Swearing is quite tolerable to most of the group. I think even our illustrious leader has been known to lapse into the vernacular occasionally!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1461619522' post='3036261']
I think I said 'bloody' once in a thread - I got a formal warning from a moderator.

:mellow:
[/quote]
[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1461619874' post='3036264']
Bloody hell!
[/quote]

Reported, the pair of you.

IME Talkbass is a good place to be. It's a very friendly environment and a good source of info about all things bass.

I have no experience of the Mods, but you only have to look at the comments on Youtube videos to see what happens on Internet forums when there is no responsible adult in charge.

[quote name='hubrad' timestamp='1461622030' post='3036298']

I'm a member of Archers Appreciation FB group re the radio series. Swearing is quite tolerable to most of the group. I think even our illustrious leader has been known to lapse into the vernacular occasionally!
[/quote]
I expect 98% of the swearing is aimed at Rob Titchener and/or the editor :)

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1461626177' post='3036337']

No this is German

Vith mein superior class D technologie I vill show zie whole world mein Heftenschlowisden!
[/quote]
It's actually "Viz mein zuperior" and "ze whole vurld", as any Teutonic stereotype will readily tell you.

I have never had a problem with talk bass I like the more global view on things,
Now....
If you really want to get jumped on, join bassesbyleo.com say something even slightly out and feel the wrath of mein fuhrer ( can't name him) who feels it's his duty to pass his comment on every post that goes on there, one very annoying person

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1461754070' post='3037308']
I have never had a problem with talk bass I like the more global view on things,
Now....
If you really want to get jumped on, join bassesbyleo.com say something even slightly out and feel the wrath of mein fuhrer ( can't name him) who feels it's his duty to pass his comment on every post that goes on there, one very annoying person
[/quote]

I'm tempted to join lol

Joined. Never really read or post there, for the reasons many have mentioned already - but I have found myself there through googling bass related problems and had my problems solved with an approximate 50% success rate.

BC is just flat-out better, a nicer place to hang out and ask questions, IMO. Far less conflict in 'ere.

Yes TB is a cultural mismatch at times, and the locals share their lands with that political genius Donald Trump......ahem! (That was sarcasm for our U.S. readers btw)

Although joking aside I occasionally frequent the forum...:)

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1461539354' post='3035583']
Tbh I hate talkbass. Unlike here most of there members are not the most friendly of people. And if you make a mistake you will be jumped on.
[/quote]right on! i don't remember getting ANY help there. they get into off topic fights against each other every time in every thread in just a blink of an eye. they even start threads against another person's opinions/postings/comments/etc.!! :crazy: crazy!
but here, every time i start a thread folks turn up only for help and i go home with a handful of useful information. hope they never reach here. :drinks:

Edited by Yawn_Blah

I've had conversations (PM's) with several TB members from the US, South America and Hong Kong.

I have never been in a fight with anyone on TB. My experience is that everyone I've talked to and posted with has been a regular, helpful, normal guy, from Jim Bergantino to a player just starting out in Sao Paulo.

My experience with Basschat is that I haven't been on Off Topic for several years and I don't miss it one bit.