Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
edstraker123

Piano Learning Material

Hi,
Just bought myself a nice digital piano and i'm looking for some learning material.
The piano is linked to a pc so I can use online software for feedback but wondered if anybody has any experience of this as it is quite pricey.
I downloaded a free trial of Playground Sessions and what I've seen looks quite good.
http://www.playgroundsessions.com/

I'm an absolute beginner at piano, but don't want any tutor books where I have to play when the saints go marching in, Michael row the boat ashore etc.
So looking for something a bit more contemporary in terms of none digital material.

I know I should take proper lessons but prefer to learn on my own as lessons to me seem more of a chore than enjoyment.

Ed.

YouTube is a great place to get piano tutorials. The Roland ones are good for getting your posture & warn up excersises. Learn your correct fingering for both left & right hands.