Why become a member? ×

Prince dies age 57

bluesparky

Never really liked his music, but he was one hell of a great guitarist. It is sad news.
Interestingly, there was an article on, I think, the BBC. It went on too say that there are seemingly more deaths because of the way celebrity has come about. Before the 50`s, the celebrities were film stars, but since the rise of pop music,and TV there are so many celebrities in their 60`s plus, so it is inevitable that it just seems more. If you think that people like David Gest had celebrity status, then it is no wonder there seems so many

Im not quite sure what to say. My favourite musician of all time and in my opinion the best of the 20th century is gone, I'm speechless. !!!!!!! that has really taken me aback. !! Its the only time the death of a musician, i didn't know has upset me.

Edited by bubinga5

The void left by all of the music he still had left to contribute is the bit that hurts the most. Truly an icon.

'Sometimes it snows in April, Sometimes I feel so bad, Sometimes I wish that life was never ending, But all good things they say, never last'

:-(

Lemmy, Bowie, Prince, Haggard, Rickman and Wood... no fair... That could have been all of One Direction and that Sam Smith bloke!

It's a big loss. Not always to my taste, but an incredible body of work, always changing and always pretty original. RIP fella!