Why become a member? ×

TheGreek's Mystery Bass Rebuild

Andyjr1515

[quote name='wwcringe' timestamp='1464731140' post='3062055']
Only just had chance to check in with this since almost the beginning of the project - looking amazing! What was a "save a bass/novelty repair" project has turned into a really classy instrument, by the looks of it very playable and "very AJR" as well!! Fantastic work Andy!
[/quote]
Thanks, Tom :)

You should see it now!

By the way, are the spare set of acoustic strings I got hold of any use to you? They are the same as fitted to your custom job and they are yours for free if they are of any use to you :)

[quote name='zbd1960' timestamp='1464627469' post='3060959']
I'd be tempted to go along to see it, having seen it in a rougher state at Leicester. Unfortunately, I have an all-day rehearsal in Birmingham
[/quote]

Personally I think that you need to re-evaluate your priorities ;) ;)

I'm having withdrawal symptoms - no update for over 24 hours - how will I make it till Sunday??

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1464790168' post='3062566']
Personally I think that you need to re-evaluate your priorities ;) ;)

I'm having withdrawal symptoms - no update for over 24 hours - how will I make it till Sunday??
[/quote]
Much as I'd like to.... I'm playing in a concert at the Adrian Boult Hall at the Birmingham Conservatoire on the 12th and 5th is our final rehearsal... and it's 11-5.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1464043442' post='3056132']
(Ref the control chamber) Bigger? I await the next development with interest!
[/quote]

Hi, BigRedX

This is why the control chamber needed to be bigger....

...it's like spaghetti junction!

Nearly finished but no view of the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]purple static-electricity-applied velvet scratchplate or [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]the pink and purple glitter...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Unveiling at the Herts Bash on Sunday.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]JOOI, I'm sure that you've tried it Andy, how does it feel/play??[/font][/color]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1464886614' post='3063572']...[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]you've tried it Andy, how does it feel/play??[/font][/color]
[/quote]

"Rotten, so I burned it. " :mellow:

:lol: :P

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1464900170' post='3063710']
All finished, in its case and ready for the Bash.

I'll post the fancy pics when I get back and Mick has been put out of his misery :)
[/quote]

I hope you really mean "[i]suspense[/i]"..unless you're considering a mercy killing...

Hurry up Sunday!!

Andy delivered the Bass to me today at the Herts Bass Bash - Words fail me - Andy, you are a genius and a true craftsman - only you and I really know how much difference you've made to this bass - Hopefully somebody will post some photos to let others see what you achieved.

I can not thank you enough - have a think about our discussion about the next build.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1465147844' post='3065603']
Andy delivered the Bass to me today at the Herts Bass Bash - Words fail me - Andy, you are a genius and a true craftsman - only you and I really know how much difference you've made to this bass - Hopefully somebody will post some photos to let others see what you achieved.

I can not thank you enough - have a think about our discussion about the next build.
[/quote]
It was worth it just to see that grin on your face when you opened the case :D

I'm hoping to see some of the Herts bash photos soon (and of some of the other superb basses and equipment on show) but, for those not able to have seen it, I'll post some of the final build fancy shots shortly. Anyone have any shots of Mick's crazy fixed grin??? :lol:

Beautiful, don't you think??

Plays like a dream (neck has a bit more meat than I'm used to but not a problem - we will adapt). I was playing it earlier - hard to decide which is my favourite tone. Time on my hands tomorrow to experiment and decide.

Nice photos...but they compare to what it looks like in the flesh.

I almost feel sorry for the rest of you.