Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Derby Oct 2nd

Owen

I'm afraid I won't be able to get to the bash now. :( I've had some family stuff come up that I need to be involved with. Sorry everyone, I was hoping to catch up with a few friends as well as meet new ones. I don't mind still contributing to the bash costs and can send the entrance fee to whomever. I'll also take a shot of my bow thing tonight and post to pic on here so you can see it in all it's completity ;)

Just for info, I'm happy to do French bowing properly at the next Bash, assuming there is one, and if anyone in the South East is interested in a leg-up into the Classical world I've just started a DB self-help group based in Horsham. The intention is to meet once a month and do some ensemble playing, work on tuning, blend and balance and have some fun, make the walls shake a bit. There's currently ten players signed up, all levels, more are welcome, no real limit to numbers. PM me if you're interested

Have fun on Sunday, sorry I won't be there

I've done some house keeping :)

1. Bassace. Bryant Solo DB, Kolstein travel bass, Felix preamp, Puma 500 amp, OneTen cab. Some 'fix your pickup jack to the tailpiece' devices
2. Happy Jack. Andreas Zeller DB and a KK BabyBass (plus, if I'm feeling mischievous, a Takamine TB20)
3. Bluejay. Cameras, video equipment, and lots of DB GAS!
4. Owen. Late 19C Saxony DB with new 5 string neck,TC preamp/Berg IP310 or whatever I have by then. You know how it is. Howlett 5 string bass Uke. NS5 string EUB.German Carbon bow.
5. StingrayPete1977. Gedo DB half carved and stagg eub both with Spiro weichs. Yita carbon bow.
6. TheRev. East German ply workhorse with Krivo magnetic pickup, EA Doubler amp, Fishman Platinum Analogue pre and BigE/MAS45 double bass cab; I can also bring my other preamps (Fishman Plat Pro and Fdeck series 3) if anyone wants me to.
7. Rosscoebones. Thomann DB with some entry level combis, all set up for slapabilly
8. AndyBass [?]. Left handed Duke or Strunal 50/4
9. invicta59 [?]. Zeller Bass, K&K pickup, GK amp and Fearless F112. Maybe also Tricky Audio 'Greenboy' cabs, and possibly a Tricky Audio builder (Guy)
10. SpondonBassed [?]. A fretless electric? Vantage and Ashdown combo.
11. Burg. Either the family, or a Boosey, a Stagg and a Yita Carbon bow.
12. Keeponehandloose. Kay twins, and maybe Barefaced Bb2 cab
13. PhilB. Thomann Strunal. Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2/ 2x10 shuttle cab and Mark Bass cmd112.
14. Geoffbassist

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1475144539' post='3143361']
I'm afraid I won't be able to get to the bash now. :( I've had some family stuff come up that I need to be involved with. Sorry everyone, I was hoping to catch up with a few friends as well as meet new ones. I don't mind still contributing to the bash costs and can send the entrance fee to whomever. I'll also take a shot of my bow thing tonight and post to pic on here so you can see it in all it's completity ;)
[/quote]
Damn... I only decided to go after seeing you were taking a Duke..I was hoping to give it a go with a view yo getting one myself.

[quote name='keeponehandloose' timestamp='1475171655' post='3143769']
Damn... I only decided to go after seeing you were taking a Duke..I was hoping to give it a go with a view yo getting one myself.
[/quote]

I'm just over the tops from you (assuming you are in Manchester) so can arrange a meetup if you want to check it out ;)

Hi, I'm afraid I'm likely to have to bow out as my little girl is going through a bit of a "Damian" phase. Sorry all - many thanks to those putting this together because I think these sessions are a great idea, even if I've yet to make it to one. As per the above if anyone wants to try out any of my gear (all left handed so I don't expect many takers!!) they're welcome to swing by Sheffield some time and do so. Have a great bash

I've done some MORE house keeping :)

1. Bassace. Bryant Solo DB, Kolstein travel bass, Felix preamp, Puma 500 amp, OneTen cab. Some 'fix your pickup jack to the tailpiece' devices
2. Happy Jack. Andreas Zeller DB and a KK BabyBass (plus, if I'm feeling mischievous, a Takamine TB20)
4. Owen. Late 19C Saxony DB with new 5 string neck,TC preamp/Berg IP310 or whatever I have by then. You know how it is. Howlett 5 string bass Uke. NS5 string EUB.German Carbon bow.
5. StingrayPete1977. Gedo DB half carved and stagg eub both with Spiro weichs. Yita carbon bow.
6. TheRev. East German ply workhorse with Krivo magnetic pickup, EA Doubler amp, Fishman Platinum Analogue pre and BigE/MAS45 double bass cab; I can also bring my other preamps (Fishman Plat Pro and Fdeck series 3) if anyone wants me to.
7. Rosscoebones. Thomann DB with some entry level combis, all set up for slapabilly
8. invicta59 [?]. Zeller Bass, K&K pickup, GK amp and Fearless F112. Maybe also Tricky Audio 'Greenboy' cabs, and possibly a Tricky Audio builder (Guy)
9. SpondonBassed [?]. A fretless electric? Vantage and Ashdown combo.
10. Burg. Either the family, or a Boosey, a Stagg and a Yita Carbon bow.
11. Keeponehandloose. Kay twins, and maybe Barefaced Bb2 cab
12. PhilB. Thomann Strunal. Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2/ 2x10 shuttle cab and Mark Bass cmd112.
13. Geoffbassist

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1475318283' post='3144968']
Looks like I can make it.
Not sure what to bring, anyone interested in Yamaha Silent Bass SLB100, Clifton EUB, Eminence R/N
I'll bring sound post setting tool, some Acoustic Image electrickery, some pickups and the Rob Allen Mouse (as requested)
[/quote]

I'm bringing my Eminence so bring the silent bass or the Clifton?

I've done EVEN MORE house keeping :D

8. invicta59 [?]. Zeller Bass, K&K pickup, GK amp and Fearless F112. Maybe also Tricky Audio 'Greenboy' cabs, and possibly a Tricky Audio builder (Guy)
12. PhilB. Thomann Strunal. Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2/ 2x10 shuttle cab and Mark Bass cmd112.
13. Geoffbassist
14. Mr Bassman.Yamaha Silent Bass SLB100, Clifton EUB, Eminence EUB, sound post setting tool, some Acoustic Image electrickery, some pickups and the Rob Allen Mouse (as requested)

As promised, as I can't attend the bash, a pic or two of my bow holder.

Those of you who are very astute will notice it looks remarkably like a curtain rod holder with the end bent over which you slide over your front pocket so the bow hangs to your side. :)

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1475347464' post='3145304']
As promised, as I can't attend the bash, a pic or two of my bow holder.

Those of you who are very astute will notice it looks remarkably like a curtain rod holder with the end bent over which you slide over your front pocket so the bow hangs to your side. :)
[/quote]
Great idea

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1475334193' post='3145144']
I've done EVEN MORE house keeping :D

13. Geoffbassist
14. Mr Bassman.Yamaha Silent Bass SLB100, Clifton EUB, Eminence EUB, sound post setting tool, some Acoustic Image electrickery, some pickups and the Rob Allen Mouse (as requested)
[/quote]

I'll also be bringing an Eminence EUB and,if I can fit it in the car, our guitarist's double bass that he's left with me while he moves house. No idea what it is.

It's a 3 hour trip, so I probably won't get there til 11.

Dave