Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Derby Oct 2nd

Owen

Added!

1. Bassace. Bryant Solo DB, Felix preamp, Puma 500 amp, OneTen cab. Some 'fix your pickup jack to the tailpiece' devices
2. Happy Jack. Andreas Zeller DB and a KK BabyBass (plus, if I'm feeling mischievous, a Takamine TB20)
3. Bluejay. Cameras, video equipment, and lots of DB GAS!
4. Owen. Late 19C Saxony DB with new 5 string neck,TC preamp/Berg IP310 or whatever I have by then. You know how it is. Howlett 5 string bass Uke. NS5 string EUB.German Carbon bow.
5. Neilp. 19th century unlabelled German bass, Meghan; it has acquired a beautiful Pete Barnaby mechanical C extension, and I've bought a Smooth hound wireless rig.
6. StingrayPete1977. Gedo DB half carved and stagg eub both with Spiro weichs. Yita carbon bow.
7. TheRev. East German ply workhorse with Krivo magnetic pickup, EA Doubler amp, Fishman Platinum Analogue pre and BigE/MAS45 double bass cab; I can also bring my other preamps (Fishman Plat Pro and Fdeck series 3) if anyone wants me to.
8. Rosscoebones. Thomann DB with some entry level combis, all set up for slapabilly
9. TPJ. Duke ply strung with steels and a cheapo hybrid strung with Velvet Animas. Homemade "hang your bow from your pocket" device
10. AndyBass [?]. Left handed Duke or Strunal 50/4
11. invicta59 [?]. Zeller Bass, K&K pickup, GK amp and Fearless F112. Maybe also Tricky Audio 'Greenboy' cabs, and possibly a Tricky Audio builder (Guy)
12. SpondonBassed [?]. A fretless electric? Vantage and Ashdown combo.
13. Burg. Either the family, or a Boosey, a Stagg and a Yita Carbon bow.
14. Keeponehandloose. Kay twins, and maybe Barefaced Bb2 cab.

invicta59. Zeller Bass, K&K pickup, GK amp and Fearless F112. Maybe also Tricky Audio 'Greenboy' cabs, and possibly a Tricky Audio builder (Guy)

I am sure Guy is very cool and if he rolls in that will be very cool. However, if there are more Greenboy cabs to mess with that would be very cool as well :)

I've created a summary document along the lines of the ones we use for the other bashes. Downloadable and shareable here: [url="https://goo.gl/ECCGWj"]https://goo.gl/ECCGWj[/url]

Let me know if it doesn't work. (Roger has been able to open and download it without problems, but your devices may vary...)

See you all there! :)

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1474621824' post='3139248']
I've created a summary document along the lines of the ones we use for the other bashes. Downloadable and shareable here: [url="https://goo.gl/ECCGWj"]https://goo.gl/ECCGWj[/url]

Let me know if it doesn't work. (Roger has been able to open and download it without problems, but your devices may vary...)

See you all there! :)
[/quote]

Too many snags. Is it an important document? If not I'll pass and just turn up.

Hi is it too late to join the party? I really enjoyed the last bass bash and would love to come along this time. I have a Thomann Strunal , my old ply bass (for sale if any interest, its the one mr Bassman and nurse Sarah adjusted the sound post at the last Bash). Amps Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2/ 2x10 shuttle cab and Mark Bass cmd112.

:)

1. Bassace. Bryant Solo DB, Felix preamp, Puma 500 amp, OneTen cab. Some 'fix your pickup jack to the tailpiece' devices
2. Happy Jack. Andreas Zeller DB and a KK BabyBass (plus, if I'm feeling mischievous, a Takamine TB20)
4. Owen. Late 19C Saxony DB with new 5 string neck,TC preamp/Berg IP310 or whatever I have by then. You know how it is. Howlett 5 string bass Uke. NS5 string EUB.German Carbon bow.
5. Neilp. 19th century unlabelled German bass, Meghan; it has acquired a beautiful Pete Barnaby mechanical C extension, and I've bought a Smooth hound wireless rig.
6. StingrayPete1977. Gedo DB half carved and stagg eub both with Spiro weichs. Yita carbon bow.
7. TheRev. East German ply workhorse with Krivo magnetic pickup, EA Doubler amp, Fishman Platinum Analogue pre and BigE/MAS45 double bass cab; I can also bring my other preamps (Fishman Plat Pro and Fdeck series 3) if anyone wants me to.
8. Rosscoebones. Thomann DB with some entry level combis, all set up for slapabilly
9. TPJ. Duke ply strung with steels and a cheapo hybrid strung with Velvet Animas. Homemade "hang your bow from your pocket" device
11. invicta59 [?]. Zeller Bass, K&K pickup, GK amp and Fearless F112. Maybe also Tricky Audio 'Greenboy' cabs, and possibly a Tricky Audio builder (Guy)
14. Keeponehandloose. Kay twins, and maybe Barefaced Bb2 cab
15. PhilB. Thomann Strunal. Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2/ 2x10 shuttle cab and Mark Bass cmd112.

YAY! :D

1. Bassace. Bryant Solo DB, Kolstein travel bass, Felix preamp, Puma 500 amp, OneTen cab. Some 'fix your pickup jack to the tailpiece' devices
14. Keeponehandloose. Kay twins, and maybe Barefaced Bb2 cab
15. PhilB. Thomann Strunal. Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2/ 2x10 shuttle cab and Mark Bass cmd112.
16. Geoffbassist

Well, it wasn't the Berlin Phil, but I've finally been offered a dep with a chamber ensemble I've been working on for years (literally!) so I'm afraid I won't be coming. Sorry! Shame as I was looking forward to meeting everyone. Next time for sure......

[quote name='neilp' timestamp='1475052654' post='3142562']
Well, it wasn't the Berlin Phil, but I've finally been offered a dep with a chamber ensemble I've been working on for years (literally!) so I'm afraid I won't be coming. Sorry! Shame as I was looking forward to meeting everyone. Next time for sure......
[/quote]

So you are passing up a chance to geek-out to the max so that you can go and function in the real world? Very wise :)

Just for the record we now need someone to step in to discuss French bowing. Anyone? Obviously this will not be a lesson as such, just a basic introduction for people who fancy using a bow but have never had access to anyone who actually knows how they work. I can do very basic French bowing stuff if it comes to it, but someone who actually uses one in anger would be more use.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1475055721' post='3142600']
Surely, and in the true spirit of Brexit, we now need someone who can discuss [i][b]British [/b][/i]bowing ...
[/quote]

I am resisting the temptation to discuss Brexit on a public forum!