Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Derby Oct 2nd

Owen

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1475495674' post='3146326']

I forgot to thank Roger who gave us a warm welcome and who smoothed the water when there was a complaint from The National Earthquake Information Center on the campus of the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado.
[/quote]

I think that was Owen's fault....

It's easy to be cynical about these things, but the bow needs to be viewed as an instrument in it's own right, and a fine bow makes a HUGE difference. Having said that, Ms Du Pre's name may well have trebled the value of that particular stick! It's a Tubbs, and fully blinged, so the chances are it'll never play the Elgar concerto again. "Owned" and "used" are two very different things, too.....

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1475670554' post='3147773']
If I could play like Geoff can with the one I got for free then I'd have a bid, I suspect I'd sound much the same with it, awful.
[/quote]

Yeah. That was sweet. Something to aspire to though eh Pete?

I've just spent the past half hour concentrating on the tips and techniques discussed on Sunday and it has made a very noticeable improvement in tone, dexterity and stamina - me thumb barely hurts at all.
Thanks Owen & Geoff!