Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Derby Oct 2nd

Owen

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1475411814' post='3145690']
AAAARRRRGGGHH! I can't beleive this is on my doorstep and has completely passed me by.

must pay more attention to stuff in future!

Hope you all have a good day!
[/quote]
B****r! I assumed you'd spotted it, Chris!

I popped in for an hour this morning on the way past on the A52. Great to meet you all again / for the first time, folks. Some great basses and some very impressive playing :)

Lot of organisation involved in these sorts of things - well done to all involved :)

Got back home and the first thing MrsAndyjr1515 said when I walked in the door was, "Absolutely NOT!"

Andy

[quote name='Andyjr1515']

Got back home and the first thing MrsAndyjr1515 said when I walked in the door was, "Absolutely NOT!"

Andy
[/quote]

Now - we talked about this.... It's very simple, you just need a few modifications to your house.

I must apologise - I didn't put two and two together and work out that you were the creator of that stunning peizo fretless in the build diary...

Dave

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1475418964' post='3145742']

Lot of organisation involved in these sorts of things - well done to all involved :)

Andy
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more! I had a wonderful day, met lovely people, learnt new things and emerged surprisingly GAS free.

But I do want a second MAS45 now....

Good times!

Need list

Rob Allen Mouse
Grace Felix pre amp
Arnopol cab
Remote control adjusters so that I can go from a super low action to a high one depending on the song.
Takamine B10 or something.

Thanks to you all for coming.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1475433434' post='3145887']

Now - we talked about this.... It's very simple, you just need a few modifications to your house.

I must apologise - I didn't put two and two together and work out that you were the creator of that stunning peizo fretless in the build diary...

Dave
[/quote]
Trouble is, I think MrsAndyjr1515 would just need to make a few modifications to my face ;)

No problem ref putting two and two together. You probably thought the builder of those basses was a grey haired, short, bespectacled old git. I can see why you wouldn't have recognised the tall, young, tanned Adonis you saw before you this morning ;)

Thanks for talking through the magic of double basses, Dave. It was a great thrill to be able to try one for real !

So sorry I missed this - from a selfish point of view it was worth missing it, but I would have liked to come. Happy to pay my £10 too if someone wants to tell me who to pay?
Hope there will be a next one!

Neil

Really glad I managed to get to this - thanks to Keith for kindly giving me a lift, Roger for organising, and everyone else who made the effort to turn up, bring their kit and be an all round smashing bunch of human beings. The only issue I had was that there wasn't enough time to try everything, even though I had a good go, I think there were about ten instruments that I didn't get to play.

Soo much GAS!! I've come out of the bash determined to practice my bowing following the excellent advice we were given at the talks, and I am now hunting for a decent lefty EUB that's not an NS NXT5 (which I already have and like) and that's closer to a DB in shape and sound. It's not going to be an easy quest.
Jack still has GAS for an aluminium DB which was just about the only type of DB not in attendance at the bash.

When's the next one??!!? Are we there yet? :gas: :D :P

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1475443225' post='3145997']
If people REALLY REALLY want to chip in then Roger (Bassace) is the chief financial officer.
[/quote]

I forgot to thank Roger who gave us a warm welcome and who smoothed the water when there was a complaint from The National Earthquake Information Center on the campus of the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado.

Edited by SpondonBassed

Looked like a great day, sorry i missed it, sold my double bass a short while ago, got an accustic fretless to do the DB gigs with, but its not the same, so this has got me gassing again.
im off to ebay right now :)

Edited by funkgod