Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Derby Oct 2nd

Owen

Double Bass means double the goodness! Or perhaps just carrying more bulk around.

Anyway, there will be a DB bash in Derby (as central as poss) on Oct 2nd. Risley Park Hotel, Derby, not far from M1 Junction 25. This will be open to all DB players, obv, but also if you like the idea of DBs but have never had a chance to get stuck in then roll up and try your hand. We are all friendly.

There is a thread here http://basschat.co.uk/topic/283160-double-bass-bash/ to post ideas and stuff.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1461256766' post='3032998']
Early days, but let's start a list.

1. Bassace. Bryant Solo DB, Felix preamp, Puma 500 amp, Crazy 8 or OneTen cab.
[/quote]

It had better be the OneTen. No pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether you fellas will be interested in this but...

I was out earlier and met a fella who makes custom Violins, Cellos and Double Basses. He's also been developing a pick up for the instruments. He's in contact with about 8 companies worldwide who are interested in his products. He lives in Watford so is happy to attend the Herts Bash but may also be up for attending this event to display and demonstrate his wares.

If anybody is interested let me know...

https://www.facebook.com/fortevio

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Time for a revival of this thread and a list of participants! Current state of play is the following - feel free to edit adding your name and gear you plan to bring.

2. Happy Jack (TBC). Andreas Zeller DB and a KK BabyBass (plus, if I'm feeling mischievous, a Takamine TB20)
3. Bluejay (TBC). Cameras and video equipment; I can bring a lefty EUB if anyone remotely gives a damn about it, if not, I'll leave it at home :)
4. Owen
5. Neilp

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1469802790' post='3101195']
On a wild whim, I don't suppose there are any Basschatters in possession of an aluminium (or, quite possibly, aluminum) double bass?
[/quote]

That is my last remaining DB GAS. I would polish that thing to within an inch of it's life.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1469792610' post='3101071']
Time for a revival of this thread and a list of participants! Current state of play is the following - feel free to edit adding your name and gear you plan to bring.

2. Happy Jack (TBC). Andreas Zeller DB and a KK BabyBass (plus, if I'm feeling mischievous, a Takamine TB20)
3. Bluejay (TBC). Cameras and video equipment; I can bring a lefty EUB if anyone remotely gives a damn about it, if not, I'll leave it at home :)
4. Owen
5. Neilp
6. StingrayPete1977 Gedo DB half carved and stagg eub both with Spiro weichs. Yita carbon bow.
[/quote]

Just a timely reminder that the bash is a couple of months away at Risley Park Hotel, Derby Rd, Risley, DE72 3SS. It's an easy run in from M1 Junction 25. Sunday 2 October from 10.30. The morning will be a meet and greet, set up stuff and walk round. In the afternoon we propose to have some informal 'discussions' so that we can share advice on various topics. For example I'll bring some preamps and we can discuss these and their benefits/uses. So are there any other topics that you would like to discuss.

£10 will get you tea/coffee and a buffet lunch and all welcome, especially newbies and those contemplating starting out on DB.

Please add your name to the list if you will be coming.

Looking forward to this. Since I said I was coming, Meghan has acquired a beautiful Pete Barnaby mechanical C extension, and I've bought a Smooth hound wireless rig. If anyone's interested in trying that,I can bring it?

I'm coming!

I'll bring my gigging setup: east German ply workhorse with Krivo magnetic pickup, EA Doubler amp, Fishman Platinum Analogue pre and BigE/MAS45 double bass cab.

I can also bring my other preamps (Fishman Plat Pro and Fdeck series 3) if anyone wants me to.

Could also squeeze in my Eminence EUB if anyone wants a bang on that.

Dave