Why become a member? ×

Two questions

Annoying Twit

First, what sort of quality control is applied to these loops? I've attached something here which I did in a few minutes while testing a protools installation. I include two copies, one without bass, and one with "bass". Though that's just a pedal point as I was busy doing other stuff and couldn't be bothered working out exactly which chords fit what I'd played.

During this year I will be very frequently stuck in front of a computer with a keyboard and protools, and can come up with numbers of things like this. And if I spend more than five minutes on them, I can make them sound a bit more professional.

I've also got to really get into Max/MSP this year. And I can certainly produce very "ambient" style stuff from there.

Would any of this be of any use to anyone?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='292773' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:54 PM']First, what sort of quality control is applied to these loops? I've attached something here which I did in a few minutes while testing a protools installation. I include two copies, one without bass, and one with "bass". Though that's just a pedal point as I was busy doing other stuff and couldn't be bothered working out exactly which chords fit what I'd played.

During this year I will be very frequently stuck in front of a computer with a keyboard and protools, and can come up with numbers of things like this. And if I spend more than five minutes on them, I can make them sound a bit more professional.

I've also got to really get into Max/MSP this year. And I can certainly produce very "ambient" style stuff from there.

Would any of this be of any use to anyone?[/quote]
Why not go for it & put up bits and let the punters decide.

The few I did a while back were only really a selection of loops similar to GarageBand loops that seemed to go together OK and give a slightly longer loop to "noodle" over.

What you might think is too basic could be just the thing someone else is after.

So long as you drop it in [i]roughly [/i]the right section and put in some description of what it is a small loop takes next to no time to d/l over broadband to check out & keep or discade

Edited by WalMan