Why become a member? ×

What Bass Guitar Lead?

Malcspring1

[quote name='gs_triumph' timestamp='1461005329' post='3030598']

+1 for designacable

I like the neutrik with sommers braided cables
[/quote]

+2 for designacable. The Silent Neutrik Jacks and Van Damme leads are great quality and good value. You can get them through eBay too.

Edited by Bo0tsy

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1461199912' post='3032443']
No, but an option to consider....
[/quote]

...as is the very excellent [url="http://www.smoothhound-innovations.com/"]Smooth Hound system[/url], but ...

[quote name='Malcspring1' timestamp='1461001337' post='3030549']...Cost is not the only consideration, but I don't want to be spending megamoney...
[/quote]

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1461233430' post='3032642']

Presumably you still need a lead from the bass to the transmitter and from the receiver to the amp though, yes?
[/quote]

Yes, the line 6 transmitter is small and fits with plenty of room in my front pocket. I use a short high quality patch from my bass to the transmitter.

Blue

Another bad experience with Fender Custom Shop (Tweed) cables. I bought one and it broke after 2 or 3 months after I got it. I had some unbranded lead for years before someone broke it and I thought that this one is going to last years. I went to the shop that I bought it from hoping for a replacement but they were making excuses, and I do not have a patience for that kind of service, just wont use them again, and then I bought a cheapo Stagg cloth wrapped lead and so far is good and I bet it will last much longer than the Fender.

As others suggest, people such as OBBM and Designacable are good. They use quality components (but not silly money stuff) and charge a fair price. I'd beware of being persuaded to spend grilions on jewellery cables. The hifi world has gone mad in recent years over snake oil cables, solid gold plugs and the like. They offer minimal benefit at best (and certainly do not justify the prices charged).

[quote name='Malcspring1' timestamp='1461523549' post='3035415']
Well after many recommendations I bought one from OBBM. Bombproof build quality fast delivery and to say that it is a top notch cable it was very reasonably priced. Thanks to all for your assistance. I really appreciate it.
[/quote]
good call! I would order more but the guitard's cables always break and he pinches mine, so no way am i spending good money on that f**kstick's lazyiness.

Edited by skidder652003

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1461529623' post='3035502']
good call! I would order more but the guitard's cables always break and he pinches mine, so no way am i spending good money on that f**kstick's lazyiness.
[/quote]

Duff reasoning. If he bloke nicked an OBBM cable, he would break no more. Get two, then, and let him swipe one. There; problem solved. No need to thank me. :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1461531957' post='3035527']
Duff reasoning. If he bloke nicked an OBBM cable, he would break no more. Get two, then, and let him swipe one. There; problem solved. No need to thank me. :mellow:
[/quote]
very good but regretfully he has several cables, guitar to pedals, pedals to pedals, pedals to amp, all sh*t, he will appropriate and collect...no more, it must end (he doesn't even get a round in after rehersal and we've been going for 6 years), Im a diplomat and a compromiser.

Tardy to the party, but I've always used these guys - initially because they're a local business, but subsequently because their cables are brilliant quality and keenly priced.

Ultimate Pro Audio Ltd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ultimate-Pro-Audio-Ltd?_trksid=p2047675.l2563