Why become a member? ×

Classic Vibe Precision Big Al Relic
£250

Dasantos

This is a Squier Classic Vibe P-Bass that was reliced by Big Al, who some of you might know.

It looks pretty beaten up (which was the whole idea!) but plays perfectly. The neck in particular is beautiful.

The bass looks much less 'bright red' in the flesh. The finish has been flattened, and the actual colour is somewhere between red and a dark pink.

The one imperfection - when I got the bass back from Big Al, the ageing process he uses must have weakened the bridge screws. When I strung it, all five of them snapped, and the bridge came flying off. I wasn't happy, as you would imagine. Anyway, it was properly repaired by removing the screw fragments, drilling larger cavities and gluing in pine dowel pieces. The bridge is rock solid, holds tune perfectly and the action / intonation are fine. You wouldn't know it had happened unless you removed the bridge for some reason.

There is another patch of relicing under the sticker on the back of the bass, I just decided not to take the sticker off in case the bass doesn't sell, as I quite like it!

Any questions, let me know. This plays great and looks great, if you like the road-worn look.

I'd rather collection (I'm near Chertsey, in Surrey), but will courier for £20. Or I can meet you half way or in London etc.

Cheers
Andy

[attachment=217297:DSCF4198.jpg][attachment=217300:DSCF4202.jpg][attachment=217298:DSCF4200-2.jpg][attachment=217299:DSCF4200.jpg][attachment=217301:DSCF4204.jpg]

Edited by Dasantos

[quote name='SingleMalt' timestamp='1461007142' post='3030619']
Looks great, if it's still here come pay day I may be in trouble.

GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks! Drop me a line at the end of the month if you feel your wages burning a hole in your pocket :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks quite a nice relic job there :)
I've got a Squier Classic Vibe P, in just the same colour - Fiesta Red
It's actually my second one. I had one and sold it (as I had too many basses lol)
However, I missed it so much that I decided to go out & buy another one!

Although mine is in near mint condition, I decided to get it for those gigs where I don't want to take a more expensive bass
I must say, these sound and feel far far better than the price tag suggests, and I've decided to definitely keep it for carting about to certain venues, and in any case - I do love the look & colour of these fine CV's

These really are awesome quality basses - if anyone's thinking of going for it, then do it
If that relic job is as good as it looks, this bass will be brilliant value

PS. Neither of mine had any issues with the bridge screws. In fact, the quality of all the fittings is really high
So it must have been something to do with the ageing / relicing process that weakened the screws

GLWTS - I'm sure this won't be around long

EDIT: Just to add - I don't know the seller btw lol

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='dr.harry' timestamp='1462625522' post='3044483']
Hello Dasantos
What is the thing that looks like a strap button, please?
T's next to the E string, where a thumb rest would be.
And have there been any upgrades from a stock Squire Classic Vibe?
H xxx
[/quote]

The thing that looks like a strap button where a thumb rest would be is a strap button being used as a thumb rest!

Come to mention it, it appears that the strap button from the top horn is missing?

I'm also interested in this but it seems there's already a queue and the OP has gone AWOL!

Edited by dannybuoy