Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* WEM Dominator Bass MK1
£475

baldwinbass

I've had this valve combo since the late 70's, used for home practice only. I had it serviced for the first time in 2015, by Angel Music.

Has original 15" speaker and goes loud for 15 watts. I'm not an amp expert but can see hand wiring, and the EL84s are Mullard.
There are some signs of minor cosmetic wear,which you'd expect on an amp of this age (my children tweaked the WEM logo, hence the loss of paint).

Included is an envelope I found pinned inside the chassis which contains the original operating instructions, original wiring diagram and some WEM promotional material.

Collection is preferable, no couriers, but might be persuaded to meet/deliver south of M25 in Hampshire or West Sussex. Basschatters are welcome to try before you buy, cash on collection/delivery, sorry no trades.

Edited by baldwinbass

Amazing amps and fabulous to see one survive in such good condition. These sound brilliant - bright and clean but with a lovely responsive, fat and clear low-end. Great to see something of such vintage

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='three' timestamp='1460935072' post='3030003']
Amazing amps and fabulous to see one survive in such good condition. These sound brilliant - bright and clean but with a lovely responsive, fat and clear low-end. Great to see something of such vintage
[/quote]

Mine definitely isn't that clean, it has valve grit/grind and just a hint of valve od to it from the get go, as the note decays. Then when pushed it really overdrives very sweetly. It can go bright but does have a fat low end and are as said very responsive.

They make fantastic guitar amps especially the bass models with the celestion gm15 speaker (all models guitar and bass only differ in speaker). And guitarists do gig them. So might be worth also advertising to guitar player too. Famously Noel Gallagher used one for both recording and as part of his live setup (guitar version 12" speaker).

These are very good bass studio/recording amps might get away with other quieter scenarios too. Although they are a very loud 15-17w.

Prices of these seem to be slowly creeping up. I paid a bit more for mine than the new asking price of this one and I don't regret it one bit, despite having to do some work on it. Future classic.

Edited by Twincam

Sorry about our harp man, he really needs a smaller valve combo but refuse to believe that his modded Fender Bassman combo is too loud even at the lowest volume settings. In fact we have taken to telling him to turn it down before he even gets it out of the car!! He told me he'd been in touch with you but decided he didn't need it. Doh!

• 3 weeks later...