Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.10, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2016

silverfoxnik

Today was a belter. I never win anything. Ever. Period.

I am a very happy bunny right now (I would have been even happier had Chelsea not been thumped 3-0 by Arsenal!).

Cheers to Alex for bringing the cabinet in for the raffle...it'll be making its gig debut with me tomorrow night in Basingstoke for the first of the Musicians Against Homelessness/Crisis I'm doing.

Weeeeeeee!

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1474741635' post='3140206']

I am a very happy bunny right now (I would have been even happier had Chelsea not been thumped 3-0 by Arsenal!).

Cheers to Alex for bringing the cabinet in for the raffle...it'll be making its gig debut with me tomorrow night in Basingstoke for the first of the Musicians Against Homelessness/Crisis I'm doing.

Weeeeeeee!
[/quote]

You won, congrats, what a brilliant prize.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1474741635' post='3140206']

Weeeeeeee!
[/quote]

Congratulations on the cab win! And thank god Arsenal finally remembered how to beat Chelsea haha ;)

I just don't know how it can all be organised for the cost of a tenner enterance fee. The people you get to speak are top drawer.Really enjoyed it, with the bonus of other left handed bassists to meet and try their basses. Thanks to the organisers for a well run, enjoyable event

For me, as an emeritus Admin it was so so so nice to meet with some very real and very lovely people in the flesh without any of the forum members present who usually post with such obnoxious 'keyboard warrior' histrionics. A pleasure ladies and gentlemen, and I'm very much looking forward to next year already, although this year will be hard to top! :)

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1474743275' post='3140225']

Congratulations on the cab win! And thank god Arsenal finally remembered how to beat Chelsea haha ;)
[/quote]
+1 2 reasons for it being a good day.

Maybe I'll actually get there next year. Congratulations to all for making it a great day

Top job, Nik. My first bash and really enjoyed it. Now I'm gassing for a Wal, though��

Just back from my own wedding anniversary pie fest, fortunately made it down the A3 in time to throw my cloak over a puddle for Mrs Ninja.

Applause X several hundred to all those involved in the organising of a friendly and fascinating day.

Edited by bassninja

[quote name='louisthebass' timestamp='1474754352' post='3140339']

The rendition of "Walk on the Wild Side" was quality, top marks to Herbie Flowers, Dave Swift, John Bentley and the rest of the gang :). Looking forward to next years...
[/quote]

Amazing. I had to pinch myself to believe I was seeing that in a School hall in Addlestone on a Saturday afternoon. Herbie Flowers is a total one off. What an incredible character.

It was a great day. As others have said, best one yet.

Great day, as ever, with good company on the way there and back - hope I didn't bore Josh too much with my old man rambling & dodgy driving!! Good too meet up with everyone again, both old and new faces, and as ever too much to see & do so I failed to make the jam room again.

Today was only ruined by my fretted L2500 taking a tumble at the gig tonight and losing a chunk out of the top (all that's visible, hopefully nothing else but at least it should be covered by insurance). Now why didn't I buy the S1 as a spare!?

Edited by WalMan

Amazing day! Got to meet a hero of mine, John "Rhino" Edwards, a fellow Status player with his own signature bass. He had a little go on mine but I think 5 strings were a bit much for him!! He seemed amazed that I remembered him playing a Status in the 80s with Judie Tzuke who I saw many times. Got to like his playing back then!
Herbie, wow, what a character, so engaging and entertaining, a massive big up to the organisers for sorting that one.
John Bentley!! Again very entertaining and listening to all those Squeeze chord changes he had his work cut out!
Then a certain Darren Redick appeared, so now Basschat is famous on Planet Rock!! Top man!! Nice Spector!!
And of course the ever tall Dave Swift and his lovely girlfriend Lucy, both charming, she could be his dep at some point!!
Too many old and new friends to mention, massive thanks to Nik and Colin for the organising, Mrs Hamster for the catering!!
Special mention for Chunky Munky, he nearly bought my old Status but delighted me with his enthusiasm for all things bass, as I said to him in a message earlier, he looked like a kid in a candy store!! 😀

Just coming down from the day, got in from a cracking gig tonight about half hour ago! Full on weekend, gigs Friday and Saturday with Bash in between!! Going to be a good lay in this morning, on a downside yes I'm a Chelsea boy too so that's the only bad bit, it's only a game, bass is far more important!!

Sounds like it was an awesome event. Always good to hear that our fellow, but big name, players are nice blokes too. I knew Mr Redick was going as he announced it on Planet Rock during the week; a Spector player no less. Hopefully I can make the next one. Bring on the blog!

Couple of Wal videos

http://youtu.be/_GDwdrNjWzs

http://youtu.be/u88vhtRZO90

Paul was kind enough to let me play the Mk3 after this video, it was the best bass I've ever played; I plan to start saving for one, with the goal of owning one by my 40th (8 and a half years away)