Why become a member? ×

AKG Headphones , and those detachable cords

Lost yet another cord last night . Must've fell out of my pocket .
Annoyed this morning , as I had to listen to people constantly sniffing on the train .

So, I managed to find a shop on eBay that sells them and ordered 2.
Should get them by weds .
Will let you know , how it goes when I get them .

Love AKG headphones . The exclusive cord fitting is annoying tho'

Maybe a dumb question (probably..!), but why do your detach them..? If there's a loose fit, would a bit of gaffer tape hold 'em together..? My Superlux are detachable, but there's a clip keeping a positive connection. Makes it simple if the cable becomes damaged, but can't just 'fall out'. Do you deliberately unplug yours, and, if so, why..? Just curious, really.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1460710630' post='3028006']
Maybe a dumb question (probably..!), but why do your detach them..? If there's a loose fit, would a bit of gaffer tape hold 'em together..? My Superlux are detachable, but there's a clip keeping a positive connection. Makes it simple if the cable becomes damaged, but can't just 'fall out'. Do you deliberately unplug yours, and, if so, why..? Just curious, really.
[/quote]

Valid point! My Audio Technica headphones are like this, you have to push it in and then twist to secure the cable.
Although my friend has Shure's and they just push in but they don't seem to flop out.

Feel your pain though Ray, forgot my headphones a couple times on the way to work and I usually have School kids on my trains... where do they get so much energy from in the morning?! I'm usually half-asleep and I'm only 25.. :P

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1460708558' post='3027982']
Lost yet another cord last night.
I had to listen to people constantly sniffing on the train.
[/quote]

Initially wondered how these two statements were connected... I haven't quite woken up properly yet...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1460711579' post='3028013']
I get the bus through finsbury park / holloway on the way home from work, which means if I forget my headphones I get Arsenal fans bellowing their opinions at each other... I never forget my headphones :mellow:
[/quote]

Ironic considering how quiet they are in their stadium!

I really can't see the point of using expensive headphone with portable personal music players. There's alway too much ambient/background noise unless you have the very good sealed versions and in that case they insulate you from your surroundings in a way that I consider to be dangerous.

I just use some cheap non-in-ear (in-ears don't fit in my ears properly) phones for about £15.00 and replace them when they stop functioning reliably.

I do gave a good pair of headphones for use when I'm recording, but these rarely leave the house.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1460712428' post='3028021']
...some of us have been at our desks since 7am :mellow:
[/quote]

Ah, but I didn't go to bed until 04:30 this morning due to fast women and a dangerous cocktail of drink and drugs - just like a [i]real [/i]rock star! Woo-hoo, hey, rock 'n' roll, livin' the dream, and so on!! :party:

[size=2]Actually, I watched [i]Masterchef[/i] and dozed off on the sofa. Then I was woken up several times during the night by my sweaty menopausal wife. [/size][size=2]But not for any good or interesting reason. She [/size][size=2]snores like a wildebeest and steals all the quilt - or alternatively kicks it onto the floor entirely depending on whether she's hot or cold. Plus, I had to get up to pee about five times. I'm sorry to say I failed to die before I got old due to giving up smoking and drinking and taking advantage of the NHS. Not very rock 'n' roll at all, really.[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460713341' post='3028037']
Ah, but I didn't go to bed until 04:30 this morning due to fast women and a dangerous cocktail of drink and drugs - just like a [i]real [/i]rock star! Woo-hoo, hey, rock 'n' roll, livin' the dream, and so on!! :party:

[size=2]Actually, I watched [i]Masterchef[/i] and dozed off on the sofa. Then I was woken up several times during the night by my sweaty menopausal wife. [/size][size=2]But not for any good or interesting reason. She [/size][size=2]snores like a wildebeest and steals all the quilt - or alternatively kicks it onto the floor entirely depending on whether she's hot or cold. Plus, I had to get up to pee about five times. I'm sorry to say I failed to die before I got old due to giving up smoking and drinking and taking advantage of the NHS. Not very rock 'n' roll at all, really.[/size]
[/quote]

Well to be honest, whilst I have been here since 7am, I've mostly been drinking tea and posting crap on basschat...

... I'm more a paid captive than an employee.

Edited by CamdenRob

Lost yet another cord last night...

[/quote]

Sounds like you're getting a bit Moody :)

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1460713653' post='3028042']
I've mostly been drinking tea and posting crap on basschat... ...I'm more a paid captive than an employee.
[/quote]

Yes, there was a time when I was considered 'employable' and had a 'job' at which I 'worked'. But I digress... what's the latest with these headphones and their detachable cords?? Like BRX, I use a cheap (but good) set for public use... RHA MA350. And Sony MDR headphones for monitoring at home during those long, wild rock 'n' roll nights... on my own. :D

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1460718387' post='3028112']
Mmm.. Not quite ;)
Haven't heard anything by them , but they seem to be around for years .
[/quote]

:)

Never my cup of tea, but a few tunes were big floor-fillers back in the goth disco days.

Who did you mean ?

Lost yet another cord last night . Must've fell out of my pocket .
Annoyed this morning , as I had to listen to people constantly sniffing on the train .

So, I managed to find a shop on eBay that sells them and ordered 2.
Should get them by weds .
Will let you know , how it goes when I get them .

[/quote]

I bought the Akg bluetooth Y50bt recently in richer sounds.
WOW...fantastic sound and i can go up stairs while my phones downstairs pumping out Thin Lizzy.