Why become a member? ×

Mexican jazz neck

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1460488205' post='3026230']
Can't be 100% but if your buying a finished neck it's just that all holes drilled, nut and finished in whatever lacquer.
[/quote]

It is a finished neck. Was hoping it wouldn't have the holes pre-drilled but can live with it if it does!

The only genuine Fender neck I have experience of did not come pre-drilled, and this was quite a skilled operation to get the right gauge, depth and location when making the holes.

I have a fantastic story about what I found when I took the old neck off, used as packing material in the body pocket, but that's for another day !

LD

[quote name='luckydog' timestamp='1460539488' post='3026538']
The only genuine Fender neck I have experience of did not come pre-drilled, and this was quite a skilled operation to get the right gauge, depth and location when making the holes.

I have a fantastic story about what I found when I took the old neck off, used as packing material in the body pocket, but that's for another day !

LD
[/quote]

Thankfully, it won't be me drilling the holes if required!

What did you find in the pocket?!

[quote name='luckydog' timestamp='1460556237' post='3026779']
I'm too new to the forum ! The story will have to wait, I doubt many would believe me and I wouldn't blame them !

But I figure it was destiny that I should change the neck, maybe for you too, who knows ?!

LD
[/quote]

I reckon you should just go for it but if not will look forward to hearing it!

[quote name='luckydog' timestamp='1460556237' post='3026779']
I'm too new to the forum ! The story will have to wait, I doubt many would believe me and I wouldn't blame them !

But I figure it was destiny that I should change the neck, maybe for you too, who knows ?!

LD
[/quote]
Tell us what you found dude...... No one will judge you here. Honest.