Why become a member? ×

Eden Amps - any owners?

Funky Dunky

Can anyone tell me a bit more about these amps? What's the background of the company? I think I may have read or heard recently that they have an association with SWR, is this true?

How do they sound? No dealers in my part of the world, sadly, but I am curious. What's good in the range, combos and/or separates-wise?

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1460475832' post='3026040']
They were the favoured amp of choice a while back. There have since been others and now there is someone else :-)
I've played Eden WT heads since '99.
[/quote]
Me too - had my WT400 since about 2000/1 and it's all I've played since . Only lacked power on one gig - awesome little amp

As said , they were flavour of the month for a while , and now not so .

Good thing is , the 2nd hand market prices are now really low - good time to be an Eden lover

Ive used eden WT amps for a few years (wt400 and metro) and i like them alot, probably my fave solid state amps. I think they have a good warm core sound and very comprehensive eq. I used an e series combo at a gig a couple of weeks ago (a fifteen with what looked like a whizzer cone) and it seemed pretty good too.

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1460476242' post='3026043']
I still rate the WT550 as the best solid state head I've ever owned. Brilliant preamp :)
[/quote]

This was on my radar, way back when i got my OTB 500. It still is and i'd like to A/B one with a LMIII.

[quote name='Tee' timestamp='1461087843' post='3031379']
This was on my radar, way back when i got my OTB 500. It still is and i'd like to A/B one with a LMIII.
[/quote]
If you do that you'll buy one. Plug in to a Little Mark, (and I am talking the analogue version not the Class-D one), and you go, "that sounds really good. Leave the controls alone. I'm happy" then plug into a WT550 and you go, "Wow, that is awesome. Nothing to do, I'm ecstatic."
The Eden has so much natural tone it is amazing. The thing is built like a tank and actually uses military grade construction. There used to be a picture on the Eden website of a WT that was in a studio when the studio caught fire. It looked very sad covered in smoke residue and all the plastic control knobs had melted but they switched it on and it still worked.

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1460476242' post='3026043']
I still rate the WT550 as the best solid state head I've ever owned. Brilliant preamp :)
[/quote]

Me too. When I've got the cash together I'll go back to one. Brilliant recording tone through the DI as well.