Why become a member? ×

The HandBox Amplification thread

wateroftyne

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Well, that is why they said they had that name on their website about info!

Weeeell.. it kind-of is, I guess.

They started off in the early 90s building audio solutions (and flight cases) for the - very Polish - Disco Polo scene, which was a street thing and needed all-in-one stuff that was easily portable.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Weeeell.. it kind-of is, I guess.

They started off in the early 90s building audio solutions (and flight cases) for the - very Polish - Disco Polo scene, which was a street thing and needed all-in-one stuff that was easily portable.

Nice bit of history... I shall remember that whilst demonstrating the excellence of my new amp to (better be) enthusiastic band mates..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

More pics, hot off the press from Leszek... mid knob info and logo reveal! 😍😍😍

296432180_584735369991377_133006552503713164_n.jpg

295945825_591528085748419_5968031409140253581_n.jpg

296218541_587821429681466_7163841117675493926_n.jpg

Do you know what the push button next to the mid control does? 

Edit: I guessed it was a frequency switch, but I can't quite make out what the the bottom frequency is, even when I have zoomed in on the picture. 

Edited by peteb

24 minutes ago, peteb said:

Do you know what the push button next to the mid control does? 

Edit: I guessed it was a frequency switch, but I can't quite make out what the the bottom frequency is, even when I have zoomed in on the picture. 

600 & 240.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ikay said:

What does the 'feedback' switch on the right do? Looks like it has 3 settings - Usual? / Amp/ On.

Presumably (and this is a guess) it's an updated / relabelled version of what was on the 'old' WB-100. They offer more tonal variation - in the old world, the 'Pop' and 'Funk' settings were a little cleaner, whereas 'Rock' was full-fat saturation. I used Rock and Pop - they were quite handy to switch between for quick tonal changes. Funk was a little clean for me.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ikay said:

Thanks, I'd forgotten the voicing switch. The wording on the switch is a little strange for that though ...

Agreed. Usual, Amp and On all sound like they mean the same to me! Obviously in practice it will be quick and easy to work out but retaining Pop, Rock and Funk labels would have been better IMO. Similarly On (next to Standby) seems to be strangely worded as Done, at least with my dodgy eyesight.

Still looking forward immensely to blasting through this amp though!

Well that's mine just paid for and should be sent out Thu/Fri no idea how long it'll take to get here especially if its held up at customs until payment made.

or do they deliver and just send you an invoice for the money to be paid ?

Dave

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Well that's mine just paid for and should be sent out Thu/Fri no idea how long it'll take to get here especially if its held up at customs until payment made.

or do they deliver and just send you an invoice for the money to be paid ?

Dave

In my experience, HMRC will typically send you a letter requesting payment of import duties and sometimes a handling/release fee. Quickest is to pay online or over the phone, and then they release the item for delivery. Unfortunately it adds several days to the wait but it is what it is

• Like 1