Why become a member? ×

The HandBox Amplification thread

wateroftyne

Well lve just completed 30 gigs/rehearsals with the HD R400 l bought off here a few months ago and l have to admit it is the best amp l have ever played through and lve played through most over the years including Ampeg/Orange/Trace. The tone and harmonic sounds are something to behold and the slight break up of the preamp valves is just perfect. Everywhere l have used it l get compliments of how it sits in the mix. Honestly this amp is simply awesome.  I use a 4 string musicman through a couple of Super compacts and we play predominately Soul/Norther Soul/Funk and Disco music. This amp perfect for all of this....l simply love it. What does everyone else think?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

Well lve just completed 30 gigs/rehearsals with the HD R400 l bought off here a few months ago and l have to admit it is the best amp l have ever played through and lve played through most over the years including Ampeg/Orange/Trace. The tone and harmonic sounds are something to behold and the slight break up of the preamp valves is just perfect. Everywhere l have used it l get compliments of how it sits in the mix. Honestly this amp is simply awesome.  I use a 4 string musicman through a couple of Super compacts and we play predominately Soul/Norther Soul/Funk and Disco music. This amp perfect for all of this....l simply love it. What does everyone else think?

Amen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Woody1957 said:

I think this doesn't surprise me if you sound anything like the WOT demo. My own secret sauce sounds very similar and I have gotten similar compliments on my tone since found.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jaybeevee said:

Pre-amp changes on the horizon for Handbox amps. I have no real details other than that they are being worked on. Anyone have any info..?

Don’t say that, I hate not having stuff I’m not buying another one 🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jaybeevee said:

Pre-amp changes on the horizon for Handbox amps. I have no real details other than that they are being worked on. Anyone have any info..?

I can only hope it doesn't affect the overall tone of the amps. My name is on his list to buy one of the early updated WB-100 amps.

Dave

40 minutes ago, Bunion said:

I’m not sure what he could do to improve the tone I have atm. 
still never say never 

The new one will sound better and take your playing to a whole new level. SELL ME YOURS :laugh1:

Dave

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

I have an idea but I'm saying nowt 😄

I only hope it's an improvement and not some necessary compromise or departure from the current much loved design and tone... I'm in comms with Leszek and committed to place an order for an R400 as soon as he taking orders again...so i guess i'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eude said:

There has been mention of a class D Handbox on their site for some time, does anyone have any experience of it?

Could be interesting. I haven't seen that but i was looking for the WB-100 and had my blinkers on.

Would make for a great back up gig amp if small enough.

Dave

1 hour ago, eude said:

There has been mention of a class D Handbox on their site for some time, does anyone have any experience of it?

The whole point of buying a Handbox (at least for me) was as a compact / relatively lightweight alternative to a Class D amp. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, peteb said:

The whole point of buying a Handbox (at least for me) was as a compact / relatively lightweight alternative to a Class D amp. 

That was one of my main reasons too until i saw WoT review the WB-100 and i now blame him for my severe GAS.

Personally i think he should be buying me the amp because of all the stress i've been put under :laugh1:

Its worth a try.:tatice_03:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

That was one of my main reasons too until i saw WoT review the WB-100 and i now blame him for my sever GAS.

Personally i think he should be buying me the amp because of all the stress i've been put under :laugh1:

Its worth a try.:tatice_03:

Dave

If you didn’t live a 4 day walk from me I’d have lent you mine for a week to try out 😂🤣 saying that you could buy my Mesa eight 88