Why become a member? ×

The HandBox Amplification thread

wateroftyne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I don't do this much so be gentle. A pub standard with my R-400 set pretty flat, contour at about 10 o'clock through a Barefaced compact (15") and super compact. Maruszczyk PJ bass - full P, J at about 20%. Yes, I hit every gear related branch as I tumbled from the Basschat GAS tree.

No DI - just a pretty decent unidirectional mic.

[url="https://youtu.be/eRQxP_lzUDs"]https://youtu.be/eRQxP_lzUDs[/url]

Edited by colleya

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

I've just asked Leszek - they're £560.

Wow, that's extremely good value!

There where a few other models on the HandBox site which seem to have vanished including a funky looking class D one, are they just focusing on the R-400 and the WB-100 for now?

Eude

On 28/02/2019 at 18:53, wateroftyne said:

I've just asked Leszek - they're £560.

Also, I'm hearing rumours of a WB-180...!

That's great value. If I was looking for a new amp that would be the first one I would be trying out! 

On 01/03/2019 at 07:54, eude said:

There where a few other models on the HandBox site which seem to have vanished including a funky looking class D one, are they just focusing on the R-400 and the WB-100 for now?

Good spot. Based on previous chats I've had with him, I don't think Leszek's much of a class D fan.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Good spot. Based on previous chats I've had with him, I don't think Leszek's much of a class D fan.

That's fair enough, there's more bad press than good, even though the industry is still pressing ahead with it.

I think it probably better to have two remarkable products rather than dilute the range with some potentially weaker offerings I guess.

Eude

2 hours ago, wayne58 said:

Expecting my R400 within the next couple of weeks, thanks wateroftyne for all your help.

I will be pairing it with a Barefaced supertwin, should be very nice indeed. 

You're very welcome!

Just in case it's not clear to everyone, it's probably worth reiterating that I'm not on commission or anything. i'm just a massive HB fanboi, and Leszek sometimes sends me amps to play with for a while.

This is what I have at the moment... the top two are bought and paid for, the bottom one is on loan (unless I can convince Mrs. WoT to let me buy it).

P3020036.jpg

P3020039.jpg

• Like 5

This arrived yesterday. First impressions - very nice indeed. Solidly built, all knobs and switches feel quality and at bedroom levels it sounds fantastic. The simple EQ sounds great set flat (using several different basses) but easy tweaks are there to be had.

It’ll be a good while before I’m going to be able to get out gigging with it to get a true feel, but I’ll certainly be looking forward to it when that day comes.

B59D7C2C-7754-4D6F-9754-646DC74471C3.jpeg

2D517AD8-BD81-4351-9406-2B2E52CA2561.jpeg

A21C569F-2E5F-4BC7-A61B-6E27CD347BFA.jpeg

919FA87C-0447-4180-9640-4F283006882C.jpeg

Edited by Deedee
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Deedee said:

It’ll be a good while before I’m going to be able to get out gigging with it to get a true feel, but I’ll certainly be looking forward to it when that day comes.

If that's a two-10 you've got it sat on then I can confirm that you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1