Why become a member? ×

First time in 37 years.....

RhysP

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460369059' post='3024955']
Maybe buy an acoustic bass for home noodling, or something..?

I know how it is though, sometimes I feel like jacking it all in and becoming a goat farmer in Venezuela.
[/quote]

I've still got my guitars if the mood takes me. I realise many people on here will view this as heresy. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460369059' post='3024955']
Maybe buy an acoustic bass for home noodling, or something..?

I know how it is though, sometimes I feel like jacking it all in and becoming a goat farmer in Venezuela.
[/quote]

And we all know why :mellow: :ph34r: :P

He's right though Rhys.

I had a spell away from playing anything at all for a few years...sold my rig (well, it was an SVT and 810 - not like you could kind of just leave it in the corner of the room and it not come up in, erm, domestic discussions...), and everything but one bass. Couldn't part with that. Ironically, once I'd started playing again and found this place, I traded it for something new and shiny...which has since long gone... :( :D

Even in my darkest hours of thinking of giving up due to lack of any ability, I still think of keeping one bass and amp/cab just in case I want to have another go one day.

A firm decision by you there, but then it is yours to make.

Edited by Bobthedog

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460374256' post='3025045']
Yes, I like having sex with goats. :mellow:
[/quote]
I thought I spotted you in Starbucks on Sunday.

[url="http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/11/mines-a-laaaaaaaaatte-wayward-goat-wanders-into-starbucks?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H&utm_term=166367&subid=9904513&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2"]http://www.theguardi...EMCNEWEML6619I2[/url]

I stopped playing entirely for about three years from 2002-2005 after a particularly acrimonious split with an original band that I'd put a lot of time, effort and hopes into.

But I kept one bass - my old precision - and I'm glad I did. When is finished licking my wounds and things picked up a few years later with a new band I was glad I had an old companion instrument along for the ride.

Guitar isn't sacrilege tho! More fun to noodle on than bass for sure!

I made the decision to focus on electronica in about 2002 and put my stringed instruments into storage for a couple of years. I still then let my skills atropy for about the next 10 until I decided I wanted to get better.

I can totally get "had enough" though. Sometimes.

It's a sh*t business.

Edited by keefbaker