Why become a member? ×

Oh Yeah! Barefaced!

Marty Forrer

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1460282197' post='3024256']
I think some folk get a bit funny as they use a different brand of cab.
[/quote]

You mean that if someone chooses a cab and thinks it's the business, then any other brand of cab should therefore be criticised? That would be totally illogical and surely cannot be the case! :) I don't think other bass guitar brands are terrible because I choose a Fender (for example)... it's a personal, subjective choice. And of course budget can have a lot to do with it.

Obviously I like BF cabs, but over the years I've also gigged and enjoyed Schroeder, Markbass, Ampeg, Eden, Orange, Gallien-Krueger, Marshall... I'm currently very happy with my Rumble combo (which allegedly has Eminence drivers)... I really like the BFM J12 I built and fitted with a Kappalite 3012HO... I've heard lots of other cab brands I like including Berg, Aguilar, GENZ (RIP)... yes, Ashdown... even Behringer. ;) I don't think I've ever heard a cab I genuinely disliked, apart from a WEM cab I had in the late 70s... which wasn't that great... or maybe I just wasn't that great at playing back then... :unsure:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460289344' post='3024351']

You mean that if someone chooses a cab and thinks it's the business, then any other brand of cab should therefore be criticised? That would be totally illogical and surely cannot be the case! :) I don't think other bass guitar brands are terrible because I choose a Fender (for example)... it's a personal, subjective choice. And of course budget can have a lot to do with it.

Obviously I like BF cabs, but over the years I've also gigged and enjoyed Schroeder, Markbass, Ampeg, Eden, Orange, Gallien-Krueger, Marshall... I'm currently very happy with my Rumble combo (which allegedly has Eminence drivers)... I really like the BFM J12 I built and fitted with a Kappalite 3012HO... I've heard lots of other cab brands I like including Berg, Aguilar, GENZ (RIP)... yes, Ashdown... even Behringer. ;) I don't think I've ever heard a cab I genuinely disliked, apart from a WEM cab I had in the late 70s... which wasn't that great... or maybe I just wasn't that great at playing back then... :unsure:
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Musashimonkey' timestamp='1460281336' post='3024236']
I've got a GK mb800 paired with barefaced cabs, I'm really enjoying mine too. Glad you like your new one 10! Enjoy that glorious tone.
[/quote]
Me 3, although a Gen 2 Compact. Great sounding and monstrously loud.

I did put my GK through a fridge the last gig that we played and that was something else. Got me thinking as I think that I know someone who's going to be selling a Six 10 at some point....

There's been a few on here wondering how two One10 cabs would go. I'm here to say..... amazing! A big increase in everything: heft, presence, clarity and of course.. bottom. I no longer play in loud rock bands but these puppies would do it easy. Hope this helps anyone contemplating running two of them.

[quote name='Marty Forrer' timestamp='1460500232' post='3026382']
A big increase in heft and bottom.
[/quote]
[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1460620472' post='3027243']
:o Who'd a thunk it?!?!? :yarr: :ph34r: :lol:
[/quote]

If there's one thing everyone on this forum likes above all else, it's a big bottom.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1460622058' post='3027260']
If there's one thing everyone on this forum likes above all else, it's a big bottom.
[/quote]

I'm about to enjoy an increased Big Baby's bottom... :blink: erm... I'm talking cabs, I swear!