Why become a member? ×

Basschat Noodle Bar - APRIL

Skol303

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1461667297' post='3036534']
Ha!! Love a tumbleweed.
I don't usually comment, as i feel people might not care about my random thoughts and associations their noodles inspire in me, but i enjoy listening to all the noodles.
For what it's worth though.... Rob, yours reminded me of a western themed nursery rhyme. I liked the way it picks up in tempo. Moollon bass sounding great too. Cool noodle
See, told you my thoughts would make no sense!
[/quote]

Ha it's cool... i wasn't fishing for feedback, more lamenting a general lack of interest!

I do very much appreciate your comments though, I always try and say something about the other noodles and nothing I say ever makes any sense so I wouldn't worry.

It is very nursery rhyme like in isolation, the whole piece kinda sounds like a sea shanty with the other layers... would work quite well on an accordion I reckon.

Anyway... hoping for a few last minute supernoodles to add to the pot :)

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1461675392' post='3036639']
I usually wait until they're all up & give the whole list a couple of listens.
[/quote]

That's the sensible approach...

I get over excited and listen to them all in a random disorganized manner, then forget who did what when it comes around to the voting and have to listen to them all again... :mellow:

I tend to give each noodle a couple of listens as it comes in and then wait till they’re all ready to be voted on before I listen to them all again.
I have, in the past, considered commenting on the noodles of others but find myself deferring to the superior eloquence of (if I may be so familiar) Rob’s comments - I’m sure we all appreciate your taking the time Sir.
:)

[quote name='Agwin' timestamp='1461682933' post='3036711']
I tend to give each noodle a couple of listens as it comes in and then wait till they’re all ready to be voted on before I listen to them all again.
I have, in the past, considered commenting on the noodles of others but find myself deferring to the superior eloquence of (if I may be so familiar) Rob’s comments - I’m sure we all appreciate your taking the time Sir.
:)
[/quote]

I dunno about eloquent :blink:

I do try and comment on everything, as do a couple of others I've noticed :)

In the full blown compo comp thread Dad does a full write up of each piece every month... really gets into the details. It must take him ages and it really looks good and I am sure is one of the reasons the competition remains popular.

I hope to emulate something similar (although in far less detail) here in our humble noodle bar...

It's nice to get feedback, I try and say who I've voted for and why when the voting thread pops up as well.

BC is a friendly place and one mans noodle is as good as any others, each are worthy of a little listen and I'm always happy to comment :)

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1461685074' post='3036750']...
In the full blown compo comp thread Dad does a full write up of each piece every month... really gets into the details. It must take him ages and it really looks good and I am sure is one of the reasons the competition remains popular...
[/quote]

Thanks for that, and truly sorry to disappoint, but this month I really won't be able to. Yes, it takes time; time well spent and very enjoyable, but it also takes effort, effort I can't spare right now. I have my ups and downs; now is not ideal, and I can't do the pieces justice if I'm not on form. :blush:
Hoping that the Challenge (nor this one..!) hangs not entirely on my poor self..! :lol: It's nice to get a nod of appreciation, though, so 'Cheers' for that. B)

I was hoping to have another go this month, had a noodle all planned and everything. Unfortunately I managed to bugger my right knee by throwing myself down the stairs. I have rather badly strained my MCL. It feels fine (now, after almost a week) until I do a couple of very specific things, 1: turn my lower leg outwards, and 2: touch the inside of my knee. The effected area is quite small, about two and a half square inches, but touching it, even lightly, causes blinding, nauseating flashes of pain. Guess where my bass rests when I play... I just can't find a position comfortable enough for me to concentrate on what I'm doing.

But I will be voting.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1461701440' post='3036973']
I was hoping to have another go this month, had a noodle all planned and everything. Unfortunately I managed to bugger my right knee by throwing myself down the stairs. I have rather badly strained my MCL. It feels fine (now, after almost a week) until I do a couple of very specific things, 1: turn my lower leg outwards, and 2: touch the inside of my knee. The effected area is quite small, about two and a half square inches, but touching it, even lightly, causes blinding, nauseating flashes of pain. Guess where my bass rests when I play... I just can't find a position comfortable enough for me to concentrate on what I'm doing.

But I will be voting.
[/quote]

Ouch... Sounds horrible... I hope you've recovered sufficiently by next month so we can hear the noodle anyway :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1461665469' post='3036510']

[/quote]

Yes indeedy Rob, that's the Recording Forum in a nutshell! :D

Always the backwater outpost of the Basschat community. Populated by a small and incestuous cadre of regulars, most of them outlaws, crazy folk and people of dubious breeding.

You'll get accustomed to the tumbleweeds. They make for good kindling when the generator runs out of moonshine.

[i](reminds me... I need to record a noodle for this month!)[/i]

[quote name='SubsonicSimpleton' timestamp='1461951519' post='3039119']
And noodled

https://soundcloud.com/user-623375481/almost-st-thomas
[/quote]

That's brilliant... I love the little rhythmic bit near the end before the groove comes back in and also the way you add in little lead in taps and catch the notes between phrases.

It sounds great and I could listen to you playing all day.

Edited by CamdenRob

Just managed to get this down before going to catch some Zzzzzz....

http://soundcloud.com/skol-mixes/noodle-03

Phew!

[color=#800000][b]I'll post up the voting thread tomorrow[/b][/color] - most likely early evening as we've got family shenanigans going on during the day. So there's still time for last minute noodles if anyone is feeling tempted :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1462055451' post='3040026']
http://soundcloud.com/skol-mixes/noodle-03
[/quote]

Lovely stuff :) you caress a fantastic tone from that bass of yours... It's very Wal like... A woody middy bark... Sounds wonderful to my ears, just my kind of tone.