Why become a member? ×

Fender deluxe dimension IV

Jimbogubson

From demos I don't think they sound like a Ray even with that humbucker in the sweet spot. I like what I hear from the HH models though!

Andertons have the American Deluxe models on massive discount right now as they've been replaced by the seemingly identical American Elite line:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/Products/Products.asp?keyword=Dimension+bass&type=search&attributeXML0=||||#1460206303837page-1

Just got back from andertons actually. Empty handed though😕
I took my brother in laws stingray with me to get a comparison but in fact, there is no comparison.
The fender was actually a really nice bass to play. The neck felt great but looked a bit bland and pasty. Looked solidly build and no sharp frets which I've seen a few reviews mention. Plenty of tonal options but they all sounded very similar to my ibanez srx530 and nothing stingray like at all.
I shall continue my search for a stingray!

[quote name='Jimbogubson' timestamp='1460057337' post='3022264']
Any love for the dimension bass out there and can it make stingray noises?
[/quote]

As they have 18v electronics compared with the 9v of a Stingray, if there is any comparison to be made with a Musicman surely it's with a Bongo. never having played a Dimension myself I don't know - from what I've heard in sound samples they don't really sound like either.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1460206500' post='3023622']
From demos I don't think they sound like a Ray even with that humbucker in the sweet spot. I like what I hear from the HH models though!

Andertons have the American Deluxe models on massive discount right now as they've been replaced by the seemingly identical American Elite line:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/Products/Products.asp?keyword=Dimension+bass&type=search&attributeXML0=||||#1460206303837page-1
[/quote]

If I had the cash, that would be tempting. I tried a couple of US Deluxe Dimension V HHs last year when I was looking for a 5 string and rather liked them. I thought they measured up well against a Jazz, which was what I had mainly in mind at the time.

I got seduced by a fretless Stingray 5 Hp in the end, though.

Edited by cybertect