Why become a member? ×

Broken Cab just arrived....

moooper

[quote name='moooper' timestamp='1494438677' post='3296022']
Well after a year I'm not expecting them to pay anything. I see the whole thing as a learning experience.
[/quote]

If they don't pay up, the next step is to get the bailiffs in. It would be a waste to spend a year on this and then not follow through. That way, you get your money *and* a learning experience.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1494517977' post='3296696']What's the problem with Scan? I've been dealing with them for over 10 years and they've been fine. The Queen even buys her Pcs from them.[/quote]

Not to derail the thread too much, but in short they sent me a defective item and then claimed that I had damaged it upon installation, they kept saying that I should have bought their scansure policy. A whole thread's worth of people on Bit Tech and ultimately the arbitrator at small claims disagreed with them. This was after they lost a hard drive of mine. Everyone gets one chance, nobody gets two.

Having said that, they seem to have a great number of happy customers but when there are so many other pc companies out there that I haven't taken to court I won't be going back to Scan.

I guess customers breaking stuff and sending it back as faulty must be a common problem for any of these companies (not saying you did that, of course). So I can see them being wary.

I've dealt with most of these computer parts companies and found them all to be quite efficient. But I understand your position, and I'm sure I'd be the same.

This is why I won't have anything bigger than a pedal shipped to me. Even if it requires a day out somewhere, I'd rather that than risk all of this. I recently went from Birmingham to Carlisle to collect my Overwater. I had a nice day out with my mom and dad, and the train fare was only £35.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1494601773' post='3297298']
I guess customers breaking stuff and sending it back as faulty must be a common problem for any of these companies (not saying you did that, of course). So I can see them being wary.

I've dealt with most of these computer parts companies and found them all to be quite efficient. But I understand your position, and I'm sure I'd be the same.
[/quote]
It must, and one wonders how that is balanced with the distance selling rules regarding trying it at home or having it arrive damaged.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1494602502' post='3297306']
This is why I won't have anything bigger than a pedal shipped to me. Even if it requires a day out somewhere, I'd rather that than risk all of this. I recently went from Birmingham to Carlisle to collect my Overwater. I had a nice day out with my mom and dad, and the train fare was only £35.
[/quote]
The things we do for love, I'm driving to London to see my auntie. I mean, I'm not [i]really[/i]. I'm staying at hers so I can pick up a Kemper from darn sarrfff whilst I'm there.

Update: well I got the funds today!!! They panicked I had like 4 phone calls and emails this morning. I think they had no idea how this all small claims thing works. They were quite keen on me telling the courts they had paid. So what did I learn??
1)Don't use Parcel Monkey ever
2)Don't use DX couriers
3)If you feel something is wrong with a companies policy it's probably is.
4)Don't give up ever!! Share your experience and others will avoid what you have had to put up with. (Hopefully)
5)On private sells don't get anything expensive delivered by post, if you really don't have too it's a big risk.

Great news! And we will all remember this if we are in the same situation in the future. You're an inspiration to us all! :lol:

(ok, I may be exaggerating a bit but... thank you for sticking to it and reporting here about it :))