Why become a member? ×

Broken Cab just arrived....

moooper

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1462523578' post='3043684']
I thought Parcel Monkey were basically an agency?
(I might have got that wrong, but if I'm right,PM are not the people to deal with).

:huh:
[/quote]
There are just a broker who use up space with a number of couriers, same as Interparcel, but that is who the contract was with and so they are the ones to deal with.
I had a similar problem with Interparcel. Cab had obviously been dropped as the magnet had sheared off one of the speakers.
I dealt with Interparcel and they paid up for a new driver. I did have £250 insurance with them though.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1460628435' post='3027335']
We considered putting both 'glass - fragile' and 'biohazard' stickers on our cabs so they'd be treated with care/fear! Unfortunately the risk of customs clearance issues precluded that...
[/quote]

I've used the following "ShockWatch" stickers on equipment I've sent with work. Doesn't stop the stuff being thrown about but you can check whether its been dropped before opening the package.
[url="http://shockwatch.com/products/impact-and-tilt/impact-indicators/impact-and-tilt/impact-indicators/shockwatch-label"]http://shockwatch.com/products/impact-and-tilt/impact-indicators/impact-and-tilt/impact-indicators/shockwatch-label[/url]

[quote name='Acebassmusic' timestamp='1462537820' post='3043864']
I've used the following "ShockWatch" stickers on equipment I've sent with work. Doesn't stop the stuff being thrown about but you can check whether its been dropped before opening the package.
[url="http://shockwatch.com/products/impact-and-tilt/impact-indicators/impact-and-tilt/impact-indicators/shockwatch-label"]http://shockwatch.co...hockwatch-label[/url]
[/quote]

That is a brilliant idea... how much are those?

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1462538007' post='3043865']
That is a brilliant idea... how much are those?
[/quote]

Not sure on pricing as they were supplied by the company when I worked in the States. I'm sure a Google search will show up a UK equivalent. (Maybe I should have done this BEFORE I shipped a bass off today....eek!)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Right today was the preliminary court date for my claim. The courier company Parcel Monkey didn't turn up so the Judge awarded me everything. The company did contact me on Friday just gone and said the wanted to offer me a settlement, which seemed a bit late in the day. The offer was pretty poor and not close to what I lost so I refused it. Its taken me a over a year so far but maybe its nearly done depends if they pay I suppose. Ill keep you posted on what happens next.

[quote name='moooper' timestamp='1494331454' post='3295008']
Right today was the preliminary court date for my claim. The courier company Parcel Monkey didn't turn up so the Judge awarded me everything. The company did contact me on Friday just gone and said the wanted to offer me a settlement, which seemed a bit late in the day. The offer was pretty poor and not close to what I lost so I refused it. Its taken me a over a year so far but maybe its nearly done depends if they pay I suppose. Ill keep you posted on what happens next.
[/quote]

Great news, really happy for you!. Hope you get your money back soon.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='moooper' timestamp='1494331454' post='3295008']
[/quote]

Prediction.

If you are the only one, they'll pay out but you might need the bailiffs to get it.

If you are one of many, they'll suicide the company and start again under a different name with a different Companies House registration and you won't get a penny.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1494431587' post='3295942']

Prediction.

If you are the only one, they'll pay out but you might need the bailiffs to get it.

If you are one of many, they'll suicide the company and start again under a different name with a different Companies House registration and you won't get a penny.
[/quote]

Well after a year I'm not expecting them to pay anything. I see the whole thing as a learning experience.

Hey they should if small claims court makes them. My other hobby is computing and I once had to fight Scan (the pc parts company) this way. I did, I won, I got paid.

Incidentally, none of you should ever, ever buy from Scan.com