Why become a member? ×

Where to find a band? Joinmyband / Bandmix?

Moos3h

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1459935182' post='3020938']
Hi all,

I've put a 'Bassist Available' ad on Join My Band and am contemplating paying for Bandmix - is it it any good?

Any other places I should be advertising? Looking for Pop/Rock covers so nothing genre-specific I suppose.

Thanks!
[/quote]

It might be worth considering any local(ish) websites/publications. Here in Essex we have a couple of magazines with web stuff that have a presence. Also, music shops are worth popping a note down in if you have any good local ones. I found some folks to play with last year by leaving an ad in one of my local shops.

Lemonrock is worth checking depending upon where you are in the country. It's a subscription based site for pub bands mainly, though free to gig goers. Not so many ads as the above but they are pretty much all from gigging musicians/bands so a lot fewer dreamers to sift through. Open mics and music shops always worth a trawl.

I find JMB quite useful but word your ad carefully. As soon as you put the words 'gigging cover band' in you'll sift out the youngsters looking to form a first band, the dreamers who've written 200 great songs 'looking to put an album together' and those just looking for someone to jam with.

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1459935182' post='3020938']
Any other places I should be advertising?
[/quote]

Funnily enough the classified ads in our local paper (Derby Telegraph) came through for me recently when I answered a "Musicians Wanted" ad. Turns out we're all well on the road to becoming old f4rts however. Take what you want from this.

Depends on your options...

I think reading between the lines of Ads and sorting thru delusions takes a lot of time and a lot of it
is wasted. But... it gets you out there meeting people.

I'd take a recommendation from people i know and respected over randoms but the best way is to have seen them play
and even better, know or have met them.

Not saying the option in the OP are hopeless... but it is the long way round. IMO.