Why become a member? ×

Hi from Oxford !

luckydog

[quote name='cachao' timestamp='1461530340' post='3035507']
A very enjoyable afternoon
[/quote]

I certainly had fun, and after sitting with an ice pack on my wrist for half an hour when I got home, surprisingly pain free, too!

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1461531040' post='3035515']
I certainly had fun, and after sitting with an ice pack on my wrist for half an hour when I got home, surprisingly pain free, too!
[/quote]

Serves you right. You worked harder than me.

• 3 weeks later...

OK Oxford and the 'shire peeps, we don't gig very often but are playing this Sat (14th May) at The Cellar in Oxford, we're on at 9.45.

Sounds about right......so come along if you're up for it, I'm the one with the seriously road worn Precision and the rig in my avatar - say hi! '67 Hammond/Leslie, '59 strat, and some say decent original music thown into the bargain..........

LD

Edited by luckydog

[quote name='luckydog' timestamp='1463157030' post='3049170']
OK Oxford and the 'shire peeps, we don't gig very often but are playing this Sat (14th May) at The Cellar in Oxford, we're on at 9.45.

The promoter says: Chasing Daylight headline The Cellar with their uncompromising tongue in cheek music .... if you like the Block Heads and such you'll love these guys ...supported by some of oxfords best this will be a night of party and lots of smiles ...see ya there X

Sounds about right......so come along if you're up for it, I'm the one with the seriously road worn Precision and the rig in my avatar - say hi! '67 Hammond/Leslie, '59 strat, and some say decent original music thown into the bargain..........

LD
[/quote]

When I was young I got wasted on Apple Sour shots in the Cellar and was sick in the bus home. I've hated the taste of artificial apple flavour ever since!

Enjoy the gig!!

Ped, thanks and yup I guess we all have our Room 101 for memory triggers of alcoholic excesses .......barley wine for me........ :blink:

The Cellar is timeless, I think its Oxford's oldest venue. These days it has a quality sound system, but otherwise you'd still recognise it for sure......

Tonight the Hammond goes down the stairs. It's much more difficult on the way down, so doing that early on when fresh (and sober) for a change should help ! Three is the magic number, two below one above - any more get in each's way and risks that Laurel and Hardy moment.......

LD

Edited by luckydog

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='harril' timestamp='1464619826' post='3060838']
Hi Guys, another Oxford Bassist here! Just thought you may be interested to know about the Electric Jam every other Thursday at The Catherine Wheel, Sandford-On-Thames, Oxford. It's mostly Blues & Rock based, but any style is welcome!

Come and have some fun! :)
[/quote]

I was there this week.

• 3 months later...

Quick heads up for the Oxfordshire gang, it's blues open jam at Fat Lils in Witney this coming Sunday after, and we (The Wirebirds) are host band. This means any bass layers who fancy sitting in for a song or two will be using my amp. Not decided whether that'll be the Ashdown touring 330 combo or the ABM 500 head and Barefaced Super Twin. Bring your own bass (or whatever you fancy playing. We had a bagpiper on stage with us recently, so anything goes!)

Be good to see a few of you there. Or even all of you!