Why become a member? ×

Does anyone like Delano Preamps and Pickups.

bubinga5

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1459852406' post='3020180']
When I got my TRB it had a Delano Sonar something-or-other in it. Lovely sound/tone but very low output - less than unity. It was replaced with the original TRB pre as I wanted to keep the bass original.

G.
[/quote]

Yes I thought this too - very clean hi-fi sound on the Sandberg VM-5 I had, but actually quiet low output.

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1459852514' post='3020182']

Yes I thought this too - very clean hi-fi sound on the Sandberg VM-5 I had, but actually quiet low output.
[/quote]

Yeah, I really like this about it. I have a VM5 too and switching between active and passive can be done without the need for amp adjustments.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1459859843' post='3020300']
Yeah, I really like this about it. I have a VM5 too and switching between active and passive can be done without the need for amp adjustments.
[/quote]

My inner pedant is going mental right now, don't Sandberg use Glockenklang pre-amps?

I've no experience with Delanos though, they always seem to be described as Hi-Fi which I don't like so much.
I find the Hi-Fi sound to be too electronic sounding and much prefer a more natural sound.

Maybe I just don't like active electronics but then again I'm getting a Sadowsky pre fitted to my Lull at the minute so go figure! :lol:

I have a Delano jmvc5fe set in my Bass Collection 465, along with a Nordstrand Preamp.

To my ears, they are not particularly hi-fi sounding. Id say they are rich and warm , particularly the neck. They are also much higher output than the originals. Using just the blend control, I can go from a deep bassy sound at the neck to clean and sparkling at the bridge. They have totally transformed the bass and it now gives my BBNE2 a good run for its money in terms of tonal variation.

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1459861237' post='3020317']

My inner pedant is going mental right now, don't Sandberg use Glockenklang pre-amps?

I've no experience with Delanos though, they always seem to be described as Hi-Fi which I don't like so much.
I find the Hi-Fi sound to be too electronic sounding and much prefer a more natural sound.

Maybe I just don't like active electronics but then again I'm getting a Sadowsky pre fitted to my Lull at the minute so go figure! :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah, you're right. I got a bit sidetracked at the mention of Sandberg and my answer was related to them! The same things get said about the Glock with it being hifi. I really like that it is simple, quiet and not too overpowering.