Why become a member? ×

1982 Peavey T-40 ... Natural w/rosewood
£375

johnnysomersett

Nice USA vintage bass here. It's got a couple if issues: The phase switch was dead when I got it so I removed it (it was useless anyway, no one uses that pos) and the pickup selector switch is also non original. You can get replacements on eBay though. The neck pickup surround is a little broken but nothing worth worrying about.
Also, There is a hairline split in the back of the neck that looks very old. I have had a luthier check it and he says it's nothing to worry about. Sounds worse than it is. Doesn't bother me as the neck is sturdy as **** anyway.
That all said I'd like to see £375 as-is. The rosewood fretboards are pretty rare over here so the price is a touch higher than normal. If it had been maple it'd probably be 40-50 quid less.

I'll also throw in an unused tort guard for an extra tenner if you want it.

Will ship at cost. Or collection from Farnborough, Hampshire.

No rush to sell.

Mmm, Rosewood board - bit rare over here.

Blade pick-ups - bit more punch!

As stated, the phase switches are easy to get hold of.

Not a lot of people know this (said in the voice of Michael Caine) with the bridge pick-up
selected on single coil 8 - 10 on the tone, the phase switch operates as a coil selector.
At the In Phase position, it selects the coild near to the bridge - in the other position,
it selects the coil nearest to the neck, which gives a really nice tone.

So, for a few quid, I would put it back, if you bought it. ;)

Cheers. :)

Edited by FlatEric

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1459770983' post='3019360']
Mmm, Rosewood board - bit rare over here.

Blade pick-ups - bit more punch!

As stated, the phase switches are easy to get hold of.

Not a lot of people know this (said in the voice of Michael Caine) with the bridge pick-up
selected on single coil 8 - 10 on the tone, the phase switch operates as a coil selector.
At the In Phase position, it selects the coild near to the bridge - in the other position,
it selects the coil nearest to the neck, which gives a really nice tone.

So, for a few quid, I would put it back, if you bought it. ;)

Cheers. :)
[/quote]

Correct. That is actually my favourite setting.

And bump!