Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass 3TSB. SOLD
£550

LewisK1975

2012 Fender Geddy Lee signature in 3 tone sunburst. Made in Mexico. Weighs 9.4lbs.

Bought new by myself from Wunjo Bass in Denmark st, London.

Only ever used at home, never gigged even once, it really is in immaculate condition.

Has the Badass II bridge, not like the newer ones now which have fenders imitation of the same bridge.

I have the Fender gig bag it came with (this has been used separately but it's in good nick) and the hang tags that were on the bass in the shop.

Bass is in Bridgend area of South Wales but I can deliver or meet up within reason.

No trades on this one thanks guys I'm all good for gear at the moment.

Feel free to ask any questions! Thanks!

[attachment=215778:Full.JPG]

[attachment=215779:Body Rear.JPG]

[attachment=215780:BAII.JPG]

[attachment=215781:HS front.JPG]

[attachment=215782:HS rear.JPG]

[attachment=215783:Serial no.JPG]

[b] Tech Specs[/b]
Body Shape Jazz
Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
Number of Strings 4
Color 3-tone Sunburst
Body Material Alder
Body Finish Urethane
Neck Material Maple, Bolt-on
Neck Shape Thin C
Fingerboard Material Maple
Fingerboard Inlay Blocks
Scale Length 34"
Number of Frets 20, Medium Jumbo
Nut Width 1.50"
Bridge/Tailpiece BADASS II
Tuners Vintage-style Tuners
Number of Pickups 2
Middle Pickup Vintage Jazz Bass Single-coil
Bridge Pickup Vintage Jazz Bass Single-coil
Controls 2 x Volume, 1 x Tone Manufacturer Part Number 0147702300

Edited by MB1

would it be the Mexico thing? I have two of these, one in black and one in 3TSB. picked up the latter from here and it's a Japanese one tho it didn't have a Badass bridge so I added one. i don't follow the intricacies of these things so the Mex/Jap thing might not be a 'thing' in this case/anymore. Personally I love them so if I was you I'd keep it! :yarr:

Think it's probably a market thing. It's pretty terrible for selling currently, from what I can tell.

I'd have this in a heartbeat if I could get away with playing a 4 string in my band, I love Geddy Lees, especially the sunburst model.

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' timestamp='1459770074' post='3019339']
would it be the Mexico thing? I have two of these, one in black and one in 3TSB. picked up the latter from here and it's a Japanese one tho it didn't have a Badass bridge so I added one. i don't follow the intricacies of these things so the Mex/Jap thing might not be a 'thing' in this case/anymore. Personally I love them so if I was you I'd keep it! :yarr:
[/quote]

Could be that, I guess folk still have the perception that mexico stuff is inferior to Japan stuff. I think that's possibly too much of a generalization personally. From what I've heard, there are different 'lines' in the mexico plant, with stuff like the roadworns and signature models being made separately to the standard series, also something which has been well talked about on here is that there's been a marked improvement in everything from Fender mex / usa since 2012.

And I would be keeping it if I hadn't just bought a YOB (1975) Jazz and a US '75 re-issue (gotta love the natural finish!)

[quote name='Dvisions' timestamp='1459772237' post='3019381']
Think it's probably a market thing. It's pretty terrible for selling currently, from what I can tell.

I'd have this in a heartbeat if I could get away with playing a 4 string in my band, I love Geddy Lees, especially the sunburst model.
[/quote]

Yep, I think that's true too - I do have a guy locally thinking about buying it, but he's still yet to decide, hopefully that'll come off, but I can't bank on it obviously..

[quote name='wenbainhouse33' timestamp='1459778832' post='3019496']
I'd say a market thing. I just got a black mex Geddy and it's a beast! 2015 model and it's great. There are quite a few for sale at the moment too. Anyone who doubts the new mex ones would be foolish. Bump for a great bass and glwts
[/quote]

Cheers!

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1459783079' post='3019570']
I'd love one if the weight was right, what does it weigh Lewis?
[/quote]

Second time I've been asked for this today, I'm still in work at the moment, I shall weigh it when I get home and post up.

Cheers!