Why become a member? ×

Best Pedaltrain ripoff?

SwamiRob

Been looking at some pedalboards for a while now and I'm liking the idea of the portability of a pedal train style kinda board. These are the ones I've seen so far (trying to spend 60 quid, preferably less ideally)

Caline:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caline-CB-105-Pedal-Board-/162013993470?hash=item25b8c959fe:g:AzAAAOSwys5WVE5p

Xvive:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xvive-XF3-Pedal-Board-for-15-Xvive-pedals-/301898935919?hash=item464a942e6f:g:HvEAAOSwu4BVvm0o

Warwick Rockboard:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBoard-Club-Pedalboard-GigBag-43-x-31-cm-/252324465230?hash=item3abfb5ca4e:g:hTkAAOSwsLtVef9s

Mooer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mooer-PB-10-Stomplate-Mini-RETOURE-Pedalboard-/311395876806?hash=item4880a3ffc6:g:lIkAAOSwjVVVl8n8#viTabs_0

The Caline one seems appealing because it has a similar bag to the Pedal Train, and could be pretty easily worn with a gig bag, it's be worn a bit differently but the Xvive one also seems pretty good for that too. All of them just look like solid metal boards so I guess the main thing is gonna be how well the bag holds up. As an added bonus the Caline one comes with somewhere to tuck a power supply under, however I dunno if any of the others do too.

If none of those are any good there's also a old fashioned style Diago board that a mate of mine has and I know is solid. Just would be nice to have 2 free hands when I'm carrying my gear, especially as sometimes I have to lug my ABM500 around on the train/bus every now and again...

Thanks for posting this, I didn't know these existed, apart from the Mooer (though all those are not THAT cheaper than Pedaltrain and Pedaltrain's post-sales customer service is excellent).

I don't understand your comment regarding the bag though, all these bags seem about the same to me...?

I have to say, for me a big plus is to be able to wear the bag on my shoulder, I had a Jr and have a Mini and try very hard not to need anything bigger because it's just so convenient to carry the mini on my shoulder, the bass on a hand and have a hand free to carry other stuff or open doors or go for my wallet, etc... Sometimes I also have a backpack with my tiny GK amp and still manage to have the pedals on my shoulder if needed...

Edited by 1976fenderhead

Yeah that Mooer one is a display model and also a return so that explians the price on that, 2 of them don't appear to have longer straps to carry it and only have a handle (from the pictures at least) and that wouldn't be great for me. If it had a little extra room in for plenty of leads and stuff that will be a bonus too, but most of these boards are more then big enough for the 3 or 4 pedals + ashdown foot switch I wanna put on them so there should be some spare room for them in the main compartment amyway.

I adored my Pedaltrain Jr - that was until my POG2 got busted up inside it whilst in transit. I have since returned to my Diago board for complete no-stress protection. In my personal experience, the ease of handling and transport of the soft cases does not come close to the requirement to house my pedals with security.

I have one of the Warwick boards, the equivalent to the PedalTrain Nano, and it's fine, basically the same as the Nano, same bag etc.
Each of the beams are marginally thinner than the Pedaltrain, but realistically I don't think this will cause any drop in structural integrity.
Gigged mine plenty and it's fine.

Si

I've got a Warwick... Different shape but same range. The actual board is perfectly fine. The bags a bit thin and sh*t though. Fine for light gigging. If it's getting flung into the back of a van regularly then I'd look elsewhere. You can feel the knobs through the case, so it's quite vulnerable to a quick bash in the back of the van.

Ended up getting the Caline and its solid as anything, the velcro that comes with it is weeell strong too. The bag seems pretty tough for note but gonna see how it holds up, got a massive pouch for leads and extension chords on the front which gives a but of extra protection too. The only major down side is it didn't have a shoulder strap which I was pretty convinced it did. However with all my stuff in it isn't too heavy, and probably better for my posture anyway especially when I have to carry that and my amp at the same time, which on second thoughts is better then how I was carrying it before.

Not gigged it yet but its very satisfying being able to shift all the pedal boxes out my front room and keep the rest tidy. Looking forward to a nice hassle free setup tonight hopefully.