Why become a member? ×

Old Smoothie

rodney72a

Yup , If you like the finish the guitar is excellent, it's not for me though, I went to try a regular ray ...  and I figured i'd just try it to if the price bump was worth it 
 MISTAKE .......  I adored the playability and tones ... but the look .... no no no !  It looked like some Ikea Kitchen doors we had when we moved in to our house  very 90's  .....    " Tropical Manilla" .......

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vn0MCMS5JCNB3tax1 .... here share my woe.

Edited by synthaside

On 29/05/2018 at 19:52, synthaside said:

Hiram ... dont foil my dream/ plans, but yes i doubt ill be holding my breath to find a second hand one .  maybe i'll have to look at the seafoam green one ... its preferable to the blonde.

What, like this one........ 😉

Well bass direct no longer have a chocolate burst old smoothie in stock ........ Because it's in the back of my car 🙂 .... Condition brand new with all case tags and keys .... Used twice by a musician who decided to stick with p basses . 

Edited by synthaside
  • Like 1

They were too busy playing with a status over by the counter  ... I just got a ...  You gonna buy it then ... They Seemed a bit annoyed when I asked for a printed reciept too .. but I passed an older chap on the owner on the way out who seemed interested in what I bought and if I was happy .

4 hours ago, synthaside said:

Well bass direct no longer have a chocolate burst old smoothie in stock ........ Because it's in the back of my car 🙂 .... Condition brand new with all case tags and keys .... Used twice by a musician who decided to stick with p basses . 

Pictures please 😁

16 hours ago, synthaside said:

They were too busy playing with a status over by the counter  ... I just got a ...  You gonna buy it then ... They Seemed a bit annoyed when I asked for a printed reciept too .. but I passed an older chap on the owner on the way out who seemed interested in what I bought and if I was happy .

That’s not great when they want repeat business from you.

Edited by Musicman20

8 hours ago, synthaside said:

In hindsight, I should have probably given her a wipe down after the 2 hour getting to know each other session, i spy mucky fingerprints already .....
I could have sworn the one I played had detents in the Eq .... this doesnt ???

That was scary for a second... we have that same rug at the moment and I have an Old Smoothie 🤔

The 2 band EQ's aren't centre dented, must have been a 3 band you played. 

Glad you got one, they are quite special. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...