Why become a member? ×

Dodgy bands you've seen , and enjoyed the gig ;)

I'm sure a lot of us have seen bands that you liked years ago, but distance yourself from now. I have a few .To start the ball rolling, I name Venom!
When I saw them at the hammy odeon , years ago they were good. Seeing exodus, with Paul bailoff supporting , and the mighty chariot helped as well.
Haven't listened to venom for years, and can't see myself doing so again tbh .

Anyone ?

I bought my (now ex) girlfriend Ronan Keating tickets for Christmas a few years ago, thinking she'd go with her daughter or sister.... Nope she insisted I went with her, and I have to say apart from seeing thousands of women watching it via their camera phones (that really bugs me for some reason) I really quite enjoyed it. His band were excellent and put on a really good show.

The Scissor Sisters.

No, really. I had only previously heard their cover of [i]Comfortably Numb [/i]on the radio (which I hadn't particularly liked), but my friend told me they were doing a free show and CD signing in the big HMV that used to be on Oxford Street, and would I like to come with him? I thought I may as well give it a punt if it was free, and we didn't live far away at the time. Had to admit they were pretty entertaining!

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1458773028' post='3010871']
I'm very much into my old school metal, but 'Soft Cell' did one of the best gigs I've ever been to.
[/quote]

Are Soft Cell dodgy (This Last Night is one of my all time favourite albums)? Seen them a few times too and always enjoyed them.

Maybe not dodgy, but very much not what I would have considered as part of my sphere of interest at the time: Pet Shop Boys.

Girlfriend at the time (now Mrs Simon.) was a huge fan and badgered me in to going to see them. Despite my reservations, they put on a very, very excellent show - a proper entertainment, rather than just 4 or 5 guys shuffling around a stage. Surprising just how many of the songs I knew as well. Have been to see them a couple of times since and they are always well worth it.

I went to see a gig by someone called Lisa Dominique, who was the pin up girl in Kerrang! in the late 80s. I can't remember the music at all, but i was a teenage boy so i couldn't take my eyes off her!

I've also seen Dolly Parton live, which was better than expected. Only went to accompany Mrs Biscuits but it was actually cool.

Edited by bassbiscuits

Level 42, back in the day. Sister in law bought tickets for our wedding anniversary, but it was a band she and her BF were into, I was cringing at the thought of seeing a pop band, but was pleasantly surprised...was fooking loud though, at the old Wembley empire pool as I recall.

[quote name='Heathy' timestamp='1458766712' post='3010755']
Peters and Lee
[/quote]

Saw them at Wembley 1971.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUPF0NMKivM[/media]

I would have enjoyed them much more if I was English. :P

Edited by Jazzneck