Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM/Superfly 2x10s

ezbass

I've recently reduced my rig to a one 2x12 cab solution and I'm selling my two Ashdown ABM 2x10s. These have been retro fitted with the Superfly speakers and the cabs are now the same size, weight and power rating (500 watts) as the new Superfly cabs, except in ABM livery. Both are 8 ohms, one is rear ported and the other front (see photos). These cabs have been well gigged and have had castors and extra handles fitted for ease of transport, so the exteriors are not clean, but they sound great.

The normally styled 2x10 Superflys retail at £525 each, but I'm offering these at £220 each or £400 for the pair.

Edited by ezbass

• 1 month later...

[quote name='4000' post='317915' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:31 PM']Is the tweeter defeatable? Could you describe any sound differences between the new speakers and the old? Cheers.[/quote]

There are three setting for the tweeter off, low and high operated by a 3 way rocker switch.

The Superfly speakers are almost the same tonally as the old Blue Lines but lighter (which is why I got them). The only tonal differences I could detect after having changed one cab was a touch more presence and maybe a bit more punch in the 'Flys, neither of which I considered was a bad thing. The guys at Ashdown seem to agree with this description too.

[quote name='lateralus462' post='331671' date='Nov 18 2008, 06:08 PM']I might be interested in buying the other 2 blueline drivers if you still have them?[/quote]

These have been very popular, but they've all gone now I'm afraid.