Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - EMG 40 CSX 5 string active pickups
£80

I'm selling a pair of 5 string EMG 40CSX pickups, both in excellent condition. I got them for a jazz bass I've had rerouted for soap bars and they've got a great sound but the control cavity isn't really big enough to accomodate a battery so I think I'll go passive.

80 quid posted or trade for passive pickups of the same size with some cash adjustment, EMG 40HZ would be nice but hit me with what you have.

EMG say...
"The EMG 40CSX is a big sounding modern humbucker for players looking to tame the higher frequencies in their bass tone. The two coils loaded with ceramic magnets and steel poles provide warmth and punch with a smooth top end and plenty of output. With the on-board X Series preamp, this pickup takes on added dynamic response and touch sensitivity, giving it a feel that is similar to a passive pickup while maintaining the sonic range of an active. This model uses an extended housing that is 4 inches (102mm), perfect for five string basses"

Edited by timo

[quote name='hubrad' timestamp='1458945255' post='3012401']
Why not just get the cavity altered, Tim? Shouldn't be too much of a problem. You know they're worth it!
[/quote]

Don't EMG also do an external battery box that fits in between the jack socket and your lead and powers the pickups through the jack?

Here it is:

http://www.emgpickups.com/es-18.html

(Actually, you could probably make something similar or even something that clips on to your strap for a lot less).

Edited by darkandrew