Why become a member? ×

NAD Fender Rumble 500

jack7jack

Picked up a Rumble 410 today, finally finishing off my rig. Fender Rumble 500 Head, Rumble 210 and Rumble 410. Can't wait to try it out at rehearsals!

Saw a lot of people unhappy due to the mismatched cab sizes. Easy fix is to turn the 2x10 on its side, and unscrew and re position the Fender badge. Downside is that the head doesn't sit as nicely as I would like, but I can't see it moving and as I play with a wireless it shouldn't be an issue.

Looking forward to being able to take a 2x10 to smaller shows/rehearsals, 4x10 on tour/medium shows and 6x10 at large shows. Beautiful looking rig, lightweight, and sounds killer.

I think that the reason most of us have gone for the combo is that it's a lightweight, loud, one box solution and possibly because it only costs £75 more to have the combo over the head.

If you want flexibility, which is what the OP has gone for, then this is the way to do it. All of the controls and inputs/outputs are the same.

The cab has indentations to take the feet of the head on the top of the cab to hold it in place so they're redundant now as they are effectively on the side of the cab the way the OP has sat it on top of the 4x10".

Edited by Delberthot

Yeah, the issue is the 2x10 cab has handles either side, so the head doesn't sit on a flat surface or have the added security of the magnetic indents. I suppose you could run a 2x10 under the 4x10, but after a bit of research people weren't recommending running a 2x10 & 4x10 due to both speakers distributing the power differently, so I've put the 2x10 on top so I can make sure I'm not over powering it.

Can't believe how good these things sound though, after playing a Hartke KILO for a few years and lugging around a flight case, being able to get a better tone from a tiny box is amazing.

Didn't realise they had magnetic slots for the heads - that's a nice touch. If the head is really sliding about you could always buy some more rubbery feet for it, definitely worth it to get matching width cabs - your stack looks really smart.

[quote name='jack7jack' timestamp='1457951247' post='3003192']
Yeah, the issue is the 2x10 cab has handles either side, so the head doesn't sit on a flat surface or have the added security of the magnetic indents. I suppose you could run a 2x10 under the 4x10, but after a bit of research people weren't recommending running a 2x10 & 4x10 due to both speakers distributing the power differently, so I've put the 2x10 on top so I can make sure I'm not over powering it.

Can't believe how good these things sound though, after playing a Hartke KILO for a few years and lugging around a flight case, being able to get a better tone from a tiny box is amazing.
[/quote]

You can allways use the 410 on top of the 210 so you can have the head mountings available. Don't think it will change the sound. Also, the feet from the 410 will make it clear from the handles of the 210.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1457977330' post='3003589']

You can allways use the 410 on top of the 210 so you can have the head mountings available. Don't think it will change the sound. Also, the feet from the 410 will make it clear from the handles of the 210.
[/quote]

I did think of doing this, but with more power going into the 2x10, I wouldn't want to hear the 4x10 and crank it and end up blowing the 2x10.

A Foot from the head sits snug into the handle on the 2x10, so it does feel secure, and I can't see there being any shows where an accident could happen anyway.