Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic 5 String

Murph_Orpheus

What's the word on these basses folks? I have the chance to buy one second hand for €250 which seems a good price considering they're currently retailing for in around €850 around Europe. It's one of the newer models with Rockbass written on the truss rod panel and not on the headstock. I have 2 German Warwicks, a Thumb BO and Corvette $$ but I wouldn't mind having a cheaper bass to bring out on the road that can take a few knocks and leave the expensive ones at home without sacrificing good tone at the same time. Appreciate any and all opinions! Cheers!

Had a Rockbass Corvette fretless 5 stringer. Quality 10/10, sound 10/10, playability 10/10. Currently have Rockbass Corvette 4 string (Also have two german ones for comparison). As before on quality, sound and playability. The newer ones have the two part bridge, mixed blessing, the 'traditional' BBOT Fender bridge is more than adequate. [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] €[/font][/color]250 seems ok, try for [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] €200.[/font][/color] I like my German ones, the Chinese one is different but just as good and if it was stolen / damaged is of no consequence, replacement is cheap :)