Why become a member? ×

Constantine Isslamow

rushbo

Those of you who play in covers bands or back-bedroom warriors who play along with their fave tunes just for their own amusement, will have probably used YouTube for a bit of visual assistance for those "is there really an open 'A' ringing out in the Bass break in "All Right Now"?" moments. (...sorry, not sure about the punctuation there...) I'm sure you've found out that it's a mixed bag - from the "Oh yeah!" to the "Oh...really?" A personal highlight/lowlight is the charming, yet shirtless Italian (?) gentleman who tackles Led Zep's "Dancing days" with enthusiasm, gusto and no idea of Western tonality. In my opinion, one man stands proud. BassChat can we please have some love for Constantine Isslamow. Seeing this gentleman's name on a video is a veritable trademark of quality. Always accurate, beautifully played, left hand in shot at all times and played on a selection of lovely instruments. He's the go-to guy for all your "Classic Rock Covers band" needs. Seriously. His videos have helped me out immensely since I stumbled across them about eighteen months ago.

Constantine is the man and I salute you sir.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv_DCslaDDJPX-rxFgRCPg

I've used one or two of his videos to fast track songs I wanted to have a go at for one reason or another. Usually pretty spot on as you say, though I was brushing up on 'Whiter shade of pale' the other day and I'm not sure his version is quite right though I wasn't listening too intently. Looks like he'd be a big lad to meet in person!

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1457792872' post='3001841']
Yeah, I have used his videos for a couple of songs in the past. As you say, accurate and nicely played but I think they are a little joyless sometimes. Nice range of basses though!
[/quote]

A few people have picked up on his rather stern demeanor... he put it down to the fact he was concentrating really hard. He does make the occasional fluff-up (there's a beaut in the "Let's Dance" playalong), but I can forgive him. And the audio is decent quality in his vids, too.

Edited by rushbo

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1457792930' post='3001842']
Oh, and I have always used the open A as well.
[/quote]

Then you sir, have an ear for detail and are obviously a gentleman of taste, quality and discernment.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1457792930' post='3001842']
Oh, and I have always used the open A as well.
[/quote]

I always though it sounded like 2 separate bass parts on the recording.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1457793381' post='3001854']
Looks like he'd be a big lad to meet in person!
[/quote]

He's a giant in more ways than one. He makes his basses look like ukuleles. :)
Sweet player, nice feel, he has a good ear.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='ConstantineIsslamow' timestamp='1457983377' post='3003683']
Hello everyone. Constantine here from Canada :rolleyes:
I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words, and Yes my name is Constantine Isslamow.
Cheers
Constantine
[/quote]

We are not worthy (bows)

Welcome to BassChat, sir.

Copyright issues with YouTube. They come and go. Some fans know a way to have their computer IP address changed to another country, sometimes that helps. I don't know how they do it but when the video gets blocked in multiple countries, there is very little that can be done.
We can always appeal the copyright but the biggest fear is receiving a strike on the account. 3 strikes and YouTube closed down the account pending appeals. It's happened once to my account from Supertramp. 3 videos all received strikes. Took 21 days for the appeal process and then they removed the strikes but the videos were still banned world wide.

It was the same with the online 'my songbook' database of guitarpro files, they all got blocked due to supposed possible copyright infringement. At the end of the day they were just someones interpretation of how they thought the music went to a particular song, not a direct copy from a known published work. Youtube vids are same principle, just in movie format rather than a written document.