Why become a member? ×

Sold pending the usual! Warwick Corvette $$ FS/Trade
£775

chriscassar

PRICE DROPPED TO £675 FOR BASS ON ITS OWN. £725 with Hiscox Case

Due to to a neck injury which affects my left hand when playing, I'm now having to clear out the basses I can't physically play any more! So with that, the first up is my trusty German made 2007 Warwick Corvette $$ as it won't get any use by me and it's too nice to leave gathering dust!

It's in good condition, plays cleanly with a light action and no fret buzz. There's a few dings on the body but most were there when I took possession a few years ago and are conducive with a working instrument. All are minor cosmetic marks and can't be seen from a couple of feet away. The panda sticker will come off, I left it on as I liked it! It's all original apart from the machine heads which I upgraded to a set of black nickel Gotohs which are about £80ish to buy normally. Will post more pic including the case when I get a chance.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Body: Swamp Ash[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Neck: Ovangkol with Wenge fingerboard[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pickups: 2 MEC MM-style pickups[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Preamp: MEC active 2 way[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Strap locks.[/font][/color]

It's currently up for sale in Music Matters in Maidstone, Kent (where I work!) so if you're local enough you can try it there or give me good notice and I can bring it home. I'm Looking for £725 Inc Hiscox Liteflight case or £675 without, original owner's manual and folio plus strap locks. Let me make it clear that this is a private sale, not me selling on behalf of the shop or anything like that. If anyone objects to the pictures I took in the shop, I'll take some more at home! If anyone wants to buy it through the shop, they can but the price will be higher! Otherwise it's cash in my hand, PayPal BACS to my personal account!

I am open to straight swaps and part exchange but I'm after 5 strings with slimmer necks as I'm limited to what I can manage now! So, bass wise, I'd consider a MM Stingray 4, Fender Jazz 5 something else Jazz bass-esque like a Lakland or maybe a G&L. Definitely a Yamaha TRB5 or Nathan East preferably an older one but I'd still consider a recent incarnation. Also on the look out for a MarkBass traveller 2x10, preferably a nice condition Italian made but I'm not too fussed, so I'd take one of them or something similar spec, size and weight as P/X. All I can think of for now, but try me with other 5 strings, just nothing with super wide or chunky necks, Fretless or anything that involves me putting cash in your direction as I'm skint at the mo!! Also on the lookout for an EBS Microbass ii if anyone wants to put one toward this as part of a deal!

COLLECTION OR MEET UP ONLY PLEASE! I'm Based in Maidstone Kent, ME16 but happy be to arrange a meet up somewhere if needed, of course if you want to pay up front and arrange a courier, I'm happy to do it that way and will pack it up properly. Any questions, just ask and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Edited by chriscassar

Thanks for the positive vibes bud :-)
Fancy buying it back? ;-) gutted I can't use it any more as I've really grown to love it, just too nice a bass to have it sat in it's case doing nothing!
Hope my old Stingray is serving you well!

[quote name='MarshallBTB' timestamp='1458124158' post='3004847']
My old bass! I do miss it sometimes. Chris is a great guy to deal with, good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

Made it even better... type bump!!

Put it through the workshop today for a full set up, and fret dress, Polish and re-crown. Action now sits a little under 2mm across E A D G strings and just over 2mm on the B plays beautifully with a fresh set of 40-125 strings. £120 worth of work all included in the price!